Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Indoor Leagues
 **UPDATED 4/17** - Official Rules - 2008 Outdoor "HNI Round" >

**UPDATED 4/17** - Official Rules - 2008 Outdoor "HNI Round"

2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

**UPDATED 4/17** - Official Rules - 2008 Outdoor "HNI Round"

Old 04-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default **UPDATED 4/17** - Official Rules - 2008 Outdoor "HNI Round"

**Updated on 4/17 to change Hunter Class distances to 20, 30, 40 by popular demand.**

So I've come up with a bit of a unique target game for this contest. We will call it the "HNI Round". [8D]

Rules are as follows:

Let's shoot for a start date of Sunday 4/20/2008.

All first week scores will be due 4/27/2007 @ 9pm EST[/b]
[ul][*]This league will run for4 weeks[*]We will separate into Open and Hunter classes[*]Hunter Class Rules: No lenses and no stabilizers longer than 12" - (10) arrows will be shot at 20 yards, (10) arrows at 30 yards, (10) arrows at40 yards[*]Open Class Rules: Shoot whatever archery equipment you wish - (10) arrows will be shot at 30 yards, (10) arrows at 40 yards, (10) arrows at 50 yards[*]We will be using the 50cm NFAA "Hunter" target face. These can be purchased from Lancaster Archery for 50 cents per target on the following link:

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=53_250&products_id=1399 &osCsid=5391a54a59889b62f30aa8cf67a12245

[*]We will shoot 30 arrows in total. 2x seperate (5) arrow ends will be shotat each of the three distances.[*]Scoring bill be recorded as 5x, 5, 4, 3, 0[*]No handicaps applied, we will be using actual scores for all scoring[*]Each shooter is allowed1x missed weeks during the4 week league. This missed week will be counted as a 0 with an x count of 0 for that week. Each shooter will be able to drop 1 week oftheir scores at the end of the league, so a single missed week won't matter, we will simply drop the score of your missed week.[*]Rounds can be shot any day of the week. Scores MUST be posted on the official scores thread NO LATER thanSunday @ 9:00pm EST each week. If you post a score at 9:01 pm, your score will OFFICIALLY be zero. All scores posted must include your score and X count for all 60 arrows.[*]Scores must be submitted in the following format and must include what class you shot it - You may cut and paste this below and then reformat with your score #'s each week:

End Score X
1 25 4
2 25 4
3 25 4
4 25 5
5 25 4
6 25 3

[/align][/ul]
[ul][*]Please no discussion in the scoring threads, please open another thread for discussion. This makes it much easier for me to sort through and calculate scores and averages.[*]X’s will be used as tie breakers.[*]Photos of the target are not required with your score, but we reserve the right to request said photo. Failure to comply will result in a ZERO score. Save those targets! If you need, use a calculator to make sure you are writing the correct score down. [8D][*]If you truly do not have the financial means available, or the ability to order targets for this competition please feel free to contact me privately ASAP.I will ensure that you have targets to use. We don't want anyone to not participate because they don't have targets or the ability to order them. Do this ASAP so that we can ensure time to get these to you before things start.[*]Where you shoot your round doesn't matter, but the officialNFAA 50cm Hunter target must be used.[/b][*]You must be shooting from a MEASURED distance.[/b] Thismust be done with the use of either a tape measure or laser rangefinder.[*]******Please no cheating. I am very limited in how I can regulate cheating. Please know that this league is supposed to be fun and that I really hope to introduce new people to the sport of target archery with this league. Cheating will cause others to become discouraged and not participate and you will be directly affecting everyone involved by doing this. This is all I will say on this, so please use your conscious when submitting those scores. I have no doubt that we are all mature enough here to follow this to a T.[/b] [/ul]

[/align]

[/b]

So in short:

-30 arrows
-5 arrows per end
- 2 ends per distance
-6 ends perround
-150 - 30x is a perfect score
- Hunter class distances of 20, 30, 35 yards (measured)
- Open class distances of 30, 40, 50 (measured)
-4 weeks total
- Drop your lowest score
- No handicaps
- If you can't add, buy a calculator or you will be forever ridiculed on HNI (just ask Dan)
- You must have fun. No exceptions, if you can't do this don't sign up. [8D]