Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Indoor Leagues
 Drum Roll Please..........**Final Standings** >

Drum Roll Please..........**Final Standings**

Community
2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Drum Roll Please..........**Final Standings**

Old 02-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Drum Roll Please..........**Final Standings**

Guys, I just wanted to first say thanks to each and every one of you that participated this year. It's been great and I'm thrilled to see so many people participating in this, especially those of you new to target archery.

So, without further delay......final standings broken down by class:

Also, I'd like to add here that this spreadsheet shows everyones lowest scores dropped. If you don't see your name on this spreadsheet, you likely didn't submit 6 scores at minimum.

Also, I'd like to point out thatbuckeye guy nearly got me in this thing, while shooting a pins sight and short stabilizer. That's no small feat. Usually a good shooter will see a 1-3 point difference in games when shooting a pins sight as compared to full open setup, and then a several X difference as well..........but buckeye managed to keep right up with me and actually tieing for overall points. That's impressive to say the least and I can't honestly say I would have kept up with him shooting a HC setup. That's some fine shooting my friend.......my hats off to you!

Thanks again guys! I'll be hopefully cooking something up for the 5 spots by mid week, so keep tuned!
Old 02-24-2008, 07:29 PM

Default RE: Drum Roll Please..........**Final Standings**

RJ, I want to thank you as well buddy. This was a TON of fun, and it's the first time I've even seen a Vegas face, let alone shot one. I learned a lot and had lots of fun. Finished in the top 5 in HC, my goal, so I'm pleased. Thanks again bro, I look forward to it again next year.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the kind words.... What was killer is I knew I had to shoot a 443 to win.... I had it until the very lastend and I dropped a 9 on the first shot of that end that dropped me to 442.... It didn't happen from pressure though, just floated out of the 10 on me.... [8D]

Congrats again, You smoked me in X's!

Also, congrat's to everyone who shot, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did [8D]

This was the first week I shot the 82nd and the first week with 3D pins..... I struggled at first committing to the shot with that little green fiber over my big fat red pin... I don't think it cost me any points or anything though, just took some getting used to.

Look forward to the next game.... 5 spot is more my game than Vegas!

[/align]
Old 02-24-2008, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks again RJ. This was the first time I have shot in any type of league. Just no shops close to home. I do most all of my shooting inmy back yard. But moved to the basement for this league. I am very pleased about my effort, and must admit I learned a lot about my shooting during this thing.

I should have had Jeff the last week, but the 10 ring kept eluding my arrows. If I do it again next year, I might have to invest in some FAT ARROWS. I can see the advantages.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Typical Buck

It sure was fun guy's!!! I did my best right hand shooting in this league. I am sending the old target bow to the "sliverflicker" for the five spot league so you open guy's are in trouble!!!![]I am goin' to shoot bowhunter this time around. Bring on the pain................bishes............
Old 02-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I really wish I could have continued in the league but due to the shoulder issues (which is almost healed I think) and just being busy, I couldn't continue. I'm hoping nothing goes wrong and I can shoot in the 5 spot league. Outdoor 3D has started up full swing, so that will be my main priority, due to some "staff" stuff.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:53 PM

I was going to post my 6th score after I got done with my homework, but oh well. It was my lowest score I shot so I guess this gives me an excuse not to put it up.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for running this thing. I wish I could have gotten scores in more weeks. The times I had a chance to shoot, the weather was not cooperating.

Congrats Matt & Scott. Great shooting.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:16 PM

Now. The way I figure it, y'all are the ones who have to watch your 6! I'm only going to get better and I don't quit. Half that's BS but it's up to you which half! LOL

Just kidding. It was great to shoot with you folks even though I only placed looser number 19. I've learned a bit about myself, my habits and knowing I need to strive to learn more about my equipment and techniques. Thanks a million folks!

Hugs and kisses,

Rick
Old 02-26-2008, 12:33 AM
Typical Buck

A big thanks to Matt for babysitting us guys; no small amount of work to collate this stuff every week.

It's great to know I won the bronze medal by default.[&o] I don't expect to ever get close to howI was shooting 2 years ago before my shoulder went south, but this was a great step in the rehab. It's the first time I've kept score for anything in that time. So I'm really looking forward to the 5 spots.