Community
2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Week 3 Discussion

Old 01-22-2008, 04:00 PM

Default Week 3 Discussion

I shot my best ever round today! I shot a 424-10x and with like 3-8s too. There is definitely improvment that can be made, but for now i am really impressed with how i am shooting. I should be getting new bigger diameter arrows as soon as they get delivered. Might help a little with score. That and I have a Carter choc addiction on the way. I can feel play in my release a little, but dont think it is affecting my score. Prolly just a mind game. Anyway overall I am pleased, now i have to move on the 430s before the league is over. That's my goal anyway!
Old 01-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Week 3 Discussion

I shot my best round yet today as well. 425 10x. This was only my 4th time shooting paper and have improved everytime so That is my goal. Just improve everyweek.

You will love the Chocolete Addiction. I really like mine, I think it is helping make a difference in my shooting.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shot my worst... Only a couple below, but still..[:@]

Maybe even worse than that I shot well enough toqualifiy for Bowhunter A class in my 600 round league. Man, I can't compete with them guys, well I can compete, but "Placing for a Trophy" will be nearly impossible [&o]
Old 01-23-2008, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I usually shoot my round at the end of the week, but this week, I decided my first round of the week would be my official round for the week. I want to see how my practice rounds go for the rest of the week without the "pressure" of gearing up for an official score.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:56 AM

I'll be shooting my round this evening. I'm anxious to see how I do with my new sight.....Should be interesting....
Old 01-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am back on track. Got some issues that troubled me last weekend worked out. Got my new (technically old) arrows fletched and tuned up and shooting awesome.

Now hopefully I can find an hour this weekend without 20-30 mph winds and get a good score.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot my best round so far, and the x's are getting easier to hit too. My best x count so far. And my first perfect 30/3X end, Yippy

I think getting back into shooting shape is helping a lot too. My groups have really been getting smaller each week as I get stronger. I did shoot some during the season, but not enough to keep muscles in shape for 45 shots. My pin doesn'tfloat near as much as it did the first week I shot.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:39 PM

Nice shootin John! Yea I got my first 30-3x this week too! Unfortunitely it was my only 30 this week.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice shooting Matt (RJ). I know that's still not what you are capable of.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shot a pretty good round tonight. I went in with my head on straight, and just focused on the task at hand and I honestly shot 43 really strong shots today, and I'm thrilled to have cleaned my first game for this season, it's been a while and that really feels pretty good.

After my first game, I smacked the scope rod on the bow rack pretty hard putting it up after shooting,and it apparently bumped something causing all my arrows to hit at 7 o'clock, some barely hitting the X, some hitting the 10, some just barely out of the 10.....I dropped a solid 3 points this way and everyone in my group noticed it as well. My buddy Mike just told me to give it some clicks and not worry about it, and after about 5 clicks down, and 5 clicks left, I was dialed in half decent again. All but 2 of my misses tonight were in that area just barely out at 7 o'clock.I'm not sure why my X count sucked in the last game, probably a bit of fatigue setting in, or maybe just the loose nut between my ears. [8D]

I'm pretty pleased with this game and know that without the scope mishap I would have been in the high 440's, most likely a 447-448. That's much more in line with what my practice rounds in the basement at 10 yards indicate my full distance games should be,and I'm glad that I'm starting to get comfortable on a line of 14 shooters. Tonight we had 28 guys in there, 14 on top and 14 on bottom, so it was definitely a bit crowded.

Quick Reply: Week 3 Discussion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.