HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Week 3 Discussion
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Rick James
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Week 3 Discussion

Shot a pretty good round tonight. I went in with my head on straight, and just focused on the task at hand and I honestly shot 43 really strong shots today, and I'm thrilled to have cleaned my first game for this season, it's been a while and that really feels pretty good.

After my first game, I smacked the scope rod on the bow rack pretty hard putting it up after shooting,and it apparently bumped something causing all my arrows to hit at 7 o'clock, some barely hitting the X, some hitting the 10, some just barely out of the 10.....I dropped a solid 3 points this way and everyone in my group noticed it as well. My buddy Mike just told me to give it some clicks and not worry about it, and after about 5 clicks down, and 5 clicks left, I was dialed in half decent again. All but 2 of my misses tonight were in that area just barely out at 7 o'clock.I'm not sure why my X count sucked in the last game, probably a bit of fatigue setting in, or maybe just the loose nut between my ears. [8D]

I'm pretty pleased with this game and know that without the scope mishap I would have been in the high 440's, most likely a 447-448. That's much more in line with what my practice rounds in the basement at 10 yards indicate my full distance games should be,and I'm glad that I'm starting to get comfortable on a line of 14 shooters. Tonight we had 28 guys in there, 14 on top and 14 on bottom, so it was definitely a bit crowded.