Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Indoor Leagues
 HELP, ASAP... I've got a couple hours to get this round in... thanks guys! >

HELP, ASAP... I've got a couple hours to get this round in... thanks guys!

Community
2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

HELP, ASAP... I've got a couple hours to get this round in... thanks guys!

Old 01-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default HELP, ASAP... I've got a couple hours to get this round in... thanks guys!

I'm watching football and sneaking out in between halftimes and timeouts..getting my round in.

I just shot my FIRST ever "End" I think its called? lmao...

Anyway no warm up...straight out of the bowcase...shoveled out the snow, cut the vegas target up into three pieces and used some roofing nails to attach to my glendell buck...

Here are my first three shots ever on a vegas target... Did I score this right???? Gonna get this finished before 5 pm my time.. and get the score in.. by the deadline..

Please let me know if I scored this first round right.. 29 1x

Thanks TROY
Old 01-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HELP, ASAP... I've got a couple hours to get this round in... thanks guys!

here is my target..range.. I am shooting just below this deck.. I ranged it exactly 20 yards.. so I am standing in the driveway shooting flat below my steps here on my deck where i took the photo

Old 01-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: HELP, ASAP... I've got a couple hours to get this round in... thanks guys!

Yep, you scored it correctly
Old 01-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks buddy.... I will get back out there.. now.. I was thinking... it wouldnt be fair to take breaks (how much time can a guy pause so to speakinbetween ends androunds..) ..so with this being said.. I'll get out there and shoot these next 42 arrows.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok all finished up.. thanks Buckeye.. got my score posted.. that was a lotof fun... I'm done before the cowboys game starts..

First round I shot threw my target on the second end with one arrow and should have switched it out..cause it slightly damaged my fletching... shot with it th rest of the round..then switched it out for the second and third round.. shot better, I can see I still have lots of room for improvement...I am already ..ready to take these arrows and relfeltch them and get them perfect for the rest of the 3-d season..

fun fun fun... I shot a 423/12x for my first round ever.. I'm happy, shooting outside in the snow...little bit of wind here and sunny..bout 37 degrees
Old 01-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Troy:

I can tell ya I'm impressed. That's dedication!

I shoot where it's about 68, always well-lit....and no wind (indoors). My next round (thanks to Buckeye's idea) will be shot from my basement.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice shootin'. Outdoors can be tough if its windy.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Should have just watched the game. That would be one less person above me on the list! Just kiddin'. Great shooting.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a few practice rounds outside in the wind. It was no fun, so I moved in the basement too. Much more consistant, and easier to concentrate too.