2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Week 1 Scores Talk

Old 01-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Week 1 Scores Talk

Well, I just did some fidgeting with my target bow and more or less have it set. I haven't shot it for several months, and that was at less than 40 lb. So I cranked up the poundage, got out a different set of arrows than I use outdoors, and adjusted the sight numerous times.

As was mentioned above, I will have absolutely no expectations as to score. It's just nice being able to shoot again. I'll do a 450 before Sunday.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

I just got done with my 1st week round. I ended up with 437-17x. I'm pleased with that considering I was shooting my "hunting" bow with openequipment on it. I don't have everything tuned quiet right either, so I'm hoping my scores will keep on the up and up. My last round was by far my best. I've really been working at this lately, but I'm still way more interested in 3D but I know spots will better my overall game.
That's a pretty impressive score with a "hunting" bow. The pressure will be onnot to shootbelow that with your "new" target bow. But I guess, then the excuse can be that its "new" and you aren't used to it. [8D]
Wow. You're funny
Old 01-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just think buckeye, if you put 3 of those last games together you would be VERY competitive on the national level for BHFS. That's some pretty impressive shooting for a bowhunter rig! My last 3 games (several weeks ago) with a target rig were a 445, 441, and a 443, so that's some great shooting. I'mreally impressed so far with everyones scores.......we have really seen some pretty good shooting considering many of you have never shot spots, or the vegas face.

I just finished makingsome new 30x pro'supspecifically for the upcoming indoor season, and looked things over on the target bow for the first time since installing a new string several weeks ago. The new string has the DL too long by almost 1/4", and once I adjust this I still need to retime the cam, get a half decent tear through paper, and then I should be ready to rock and roll and shoot for score tomorrow.My local league starts tomorrow night @ 7pm and I'll be using that score for this league as well.

What's everyone think we are going to see for high score this year? What about high X count?

Old 01-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rick James

What's everyone think we are going to see for high score this year? What about high X count?

I could see you putting up a 450. Not sure about X's. Not sure what you usually shoot.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just think buckeye, if you put 3 of those last games together you would be VERY competitive on the national level for BHFS. That's some pretty impressive shooting for a bowhunter rig! My last 3 games (several weeks ago) with a target rig were a 445, 441, and a 443, so that's some great shooting.

Remember too that I am shooting in my basement with no distractions, I shoot and pull my arrows on my timing and have all the comforts of home.....

There is no comparing my spot shooting at home with toeing the line in a packed league or spot venue, that as you know is a whole 'nother ball game.

BTW that is the first end of 15 arrows I ever remember clean with all 10's....
[/align]
Old 01-09-2008, 04:43 AM
Dominant Buck

That's a pretty fair sized basement.....to get a clear 65+ feet.

Congrats.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

RJ, Love the logs..probably grabbed me a few extra points! I sure needed them my shoulder fell off somewhere about 1/2 time. (I shot a 600 rd as my real league started)

I hear there is even a bigger diameter arrow being released in Feb?? I'm on a waiting list lol..!
Old 01-09-2008, 06:38 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm shooting x-cutters for the first time, too, GR8. I can tell you the extra diameter got me a few lines I wouldn't have gotten. I'll shoot these until the broom handle sizes come out!
Old 01-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

RJ, Love the logs..probably grabbed me a few extra points! I sure needed them my shoulder fell off somewhere about 1/2 time. (I shot a 600 rd as my real league started)

I hear there is even a bigger diameter arrow being released in Feb?? I'm on a waiting list lol..!
Who knows, I know Goldtip is pushing to have a limit placed on shaft diameter for all indoor competition just so there can be some sort of standard.

Tim G. did just show up for the Iowa Pro-Am with these bad boys. The smaller shaft for comparison is a 30x pro, 26/64's outside diameter.......next size bigger than an x-cutter. [8D]

Old 01-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think I am going to bust out my old fat aluminums for the rest of this league. I need all the help I can get.

Quick Reply: Week 1 Scores Talk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.