Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46) >

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Community

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Old 09-04-2008, 05:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

I might try the "can" myself this year, heard nothing but good things so far.

Try something. On opening day try getting in your tree at least 1 hour before day break, beat those old times to the woods. This may mean you have to get to the woods about 4am, but I thinkthis could pay off for you.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:31 AM
Dominant Buck

The gate is locked until 5:00Am..
Old 09-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

The gate is locked until 5:00Am..
Gotcha. So how long are you in your tree before day break after that 1 mile walk? They don't give you much time to set up.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Gotcha. So how long are you in your tree before day break after that 1 mile walk?
About 1 hour...

They don't give you much time to set up.
I'll be set up already..I plan to drive down a few days early and lock up my stand..I'll get there by bicycle..most of the way..The rest of the way is a hike..I'll bepacking a 357 as wellfor any weird stuff.

It's pretty remote..I will be one of the first at the gate..Opening day is a trip..

Old 09-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Dominant Buck

I might try the "can" myself this year, heard nothing but good things so far.
The Captain

Hey Captain,
Those "Cans" can hang up..so I bought 6 of them...ALso, you usually give one bleat about every 25-30 minutes..I usually give a bleat and read 3 or 4 chapters from myNew Testamentand then give another..They work best during the rut..In the early Sept..some hunters cup the can with the palm of their hand and give a short bleat with the "Lil Can" there are 3 sizes.

The "Can" is my favorite call...I've had bucks answer the grunt call but i think I over used it..The pros tell me..once the buck answers the grunt..to put your call away and wait.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

Back again, has anyone used a remington 5.0 pix deer camera my dad and i got one for our feeder today.
"I'll be back in a few more days I have some things to do this week" Oh and does anyone squirrel hunt too?
Old 09-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Spike

Chuck,

Never mind forgetting your calls. The second time i ever went out bow hunting was with my brother. He hadn't started bowhunting yet, we are getting set up and i went for my release and realized that i had left it home. I left him there and went back home to get it. While i was gone a 6-8 pointer walked up to within 20 yds. Looked at my brother squated and took a pee. Then walked away. This was the last time we saw him. That was 7 years ago and my brother asks me everytime we get out of the truck..."Do you have your release?"
Old 09-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: lilbisshunter

Back again, has anyone used a remington 5.0 pix deer camera my dad and i got one for our feeder today.
"I'll be back in a few more days I have some things to do this week" Oh and does anyone squirrel hunt too?
Never used a camera before, always scared someone would steal it. I also used to squirrel hunt when i was younger, haven't done it in years.

Interested to see what deer you get on your camera, so please kep us posted.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

Forgetting your release, now that would be something I would do.

Gonna go take my stand out in the morning (if I wake up [8D]), where I'll be opening day just to see what's lurking around. I'll have camera in hand.

btw, I didn't wake up in time[:@]
Old 09-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one that tops forgetting a release, last year i was about 3 miles down the road and looked in the back seat and saw that i had forgot my arrows. Luckly i checked before i got to far down the road. i dont know why i thought to check to see if i had them

Quick Reply: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.