Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46) >

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Old 09-02-2008, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 46 Thread

Well I let Rob know about needing 2 alts. Lets see who we get tonight.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:15 AM

The weekend was a success! This is my first serious year as a bow hunter and my buddy Ben/PA worked out some of my kinks. Hopefully I can get more consistent with my shots. My shooting has taken leaps and bounds since I started.

As far as my hunting, not sure I'll be able to produce like you guys. Only started hunting two years ago and I've bagged two very nice bucks for central PA. Plus central PA doesn't produce the biggest bucks. My first/last two were 117 and 118 repectively, both very large deer though. Since then we've installed some food plots on our hunting ground. Hopefully those plots will make them better yet! I say our because I typically hunt on 188 acre hunting cabinowned by a friend. My season doesn't start till Oct 4th. I'm afraid I won't be hunting too often so we'll have to pray I havesome more beginners luck!

My first choice is where I shot my buck last year. Slightly moved the stand for archery. I now overlook the logging trail about 10 yards in front of me. I have good cover on most sides. I've connected the bottom logging trail with the top (slightly behind/to the side of me). After I made my trail last year I noticed the deer were taking my small man made path vertically up the mountain. The trail runs right past my stand and I have great access to the horrizontal logging trail in front of me. To my immediate left is somewhat of a natural spring. It's not dammed, but I hope we can work on that in the future.

My other choices are changing as I am now moving. I'm starting a new job sept 16th so excuse me if I'm not around as much of you. I haven't seen the place yet, but my landlord tells me there is a back yard next to a creek... hope it's got enough room for my 20 yard pin!!!

P.S., Love the name and avatar.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome back Steve. Keep up with the practicing it will only make you better. Sounds like you have a plan this year. Good move in putting the stand closer to the trail, I bet you'll have much success there. You can always move if you see a better spot as the season goes by. If you shoot a 110 class deer that is all we need. Remember 8-9, 100 inchers could win this contest, So anything helps.

Keep up the practicing and feel free to ask any questions as they come up.

Matt
Old 09-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Welcome Team 46. Get everyone signed in, pick a captain, name and avatar and good luck guys! I Pm'd everyone but a captain or member may want to again as well as email them. Hopefully we'll get ya'll checked in.

Chuck7
DoePeeSteve
squirrelkilla23
Transcendstime
CtElkHunter
Kreagerm
ksfowler
steve m
MOhunting
Justhuntitall
I'm adding lilbisshunter (check her profile out for the monster she killed last year) and 2Poppa I've pm'd and emailed both so hopefully we'll see them. They were both just on line.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:33 PM

Thanks Rob!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome Thanks Rob.

Matt
Old 09-02-2008, 07:43 PM

I pm'd them both as well. We'll see how they do. Did anyone see that buck Brittany shot? Wow, I'd take that 10 point anyday!!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: DoePeeSteve

I pm'd them both as well. We'll see how they do. Did anyone see that buck Brittany shot? Wow, I'd take that 10 point anyday!!!!
I hope that farm has one more left just like it
Old 09-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I looked at that other guys and it has a picture of the Kentucky State Record.
Hopefully they will both show up, they look like great additions to the team.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

As you all saw, another team is on the board with another big one. Just makes us step our game up a notch

Quick Reply: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.