Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44) >

Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Community

Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Old 10-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: official team 44 thread

Hey guys justchecking in, not much to talk about,, havent seen anything of size yet,, seeing a few of the smaller bucks , and the does havent been in bow range during shooting light,, but I am enjoying being out there, as things can happen in a split second! good luck to all
Old 10-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have seen nothing i will be out tomorrow
ORIGINAL: mcorso

Hey guys justchecking in, not much to talk about,, havent seen anything of size yet,, seeing a few of the smaller bucks , and the does havent been in bow range during shooting light,, but I am enjoying being out there, as things can happen in a split second! good luck to all
Old 10-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Saw 6 does last evening but no antlers LOL. Last week when it was doe only, I had bucks all around.

It's raining a steady cold rain with more predicted so I passed on this evening. Tomorrow, I'll be out there again

Old 10-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lucky for you guys, I am only allowed to go out on the weekends.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Typical Buck

Hey guys,

Been a while since I've posted here. As I indicated in an earlier post, I had back surgery in August to remove a degenerative disc and fuse my lower lumbar at L5/S1. It was not really due to any injury or something specific that I did, the disc just decided that it had been in my back long enough and wanted to come out.

For the record, I am capable of hunting and have been out several mornings already and a couple of evenings too.

I am married (16 years) and we have 3 children (17, 13, 10) and we live in central Missouri (Go Tiger's). I am a fireman (DUH) and my wife works for one of the big hospitals in the city as an administrative assistant to a plastic surgeon. I have been bowhunting for around 20 years (thanks Dad) and have enjoyed every minute of it and the passion is the same every year! I hunt one private farm as well as a couple of pieces of public ground. I'm hoping to put a nice buck down this Fall, but time will tell. Good luck to you all this Fall too.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Glad to hear your up and about. Back surgery can be a rough experience. I had a disc out of my neck two years ago and I was oe sore pup. The only time I notice it now is when i'm hunting and try to twist my head around to see without moving my body. It's a pain but it's still better than having my whole right arm numb all the time which is what prompted the surgery.

I'm headed out tonight to the stand where I had a shooter in at 8 yards during our early doe only season. Maybe he'll stop by again
Old 10-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Had two little bucks in right at quitting time. They hung out and kept me up my tree for an extra 45 minutes before I could come down without getting busted
Old 10-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

That's cool though. Keep us posted. Will be a few days before I can make it back out again! I'll be living vicariously through you!!
Old 10-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

saturday morning I had two twins that I have pictures of when they had spots and their mother come near me but something spooked them off. Tonight spooked a small buck and a doe walking into the stand. That was about all around this part of the woods. There is just still to much corn out for deer hunting.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

well, I took the mrs out for her 1st bowhunt, went to a spot that rests between standing corn and a thicket that borders a swamp, we were in stands around a acorn flat, there is also a soybean field less then a hundred yards form us, I have seen alot of deer in this area in the past, had stand already there , so i thought we would see something but nothing came by, she liked it though, and luckly a squrriel was being noisy behind her, so it got her heart going till she saw it was a squrriel, ha,, i told her its that feeling and a whole lot more when you see a deer, she cant wait, hope to get her out again soon, im gonna try to get out this week as the weather is gonna finally get out of the 80's, and cooler nights are on the way,, but will be in the woods for sure come saturday..

Quick Reply: Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.