Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29) >

Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29)

Community

Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29)

Old 11-25-2008, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29)

Toby those are nice bucks congrats. I hope you can take your lovely wife out for a romantic dinner and talk her into letting you get one more....

Tim, I am glad to hear you are going to get out some more. I would love to see you bring down one of those slammers again, contest or no contest.[8D]

Guys there really is time to tip some more over...

Old 11-25-2008, 11:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats guys on a few great bucks. I am headed to West Virginia in the morning for a few days of hunting. Hopefully I can put a doe or two on the ground!
Old 12-02-2008, 04:26 AM
Typical Buck

where do we post our scores? i want to put them in the right thread

rick
Old 12-02-2008, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: thehairlessone!

where do we post our scores? i want to put them in the right thread

rick
Your picture and your score are to be posted in the "Official Scorecard" thread. It is pinned to the top in the "2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest" section.

....Anyway I think that is what you are looking for.[&:]

Congrats again Rick on a fine buck!
Old 12-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 29 Thread

well, I hunted 19 or the 30 days in November here in Kentucky and the rut was kicking. I saw little bucks, medium bucks and big bucks all out of bow range. I have my sights on this big 12 with a drop on the left side I, saw him with a do 7 days into my hunt running a doe. 4 days later I saw him again at 60 yards coming my way however, once a 50 yards he spotted a doe and down the hill he went. On the 23rd the last day of Kentuckys gun season I saw him right at dark 2 miles from my property so I belive his is still alive. I'm letting things quite down some and doing a little trapping. Hopefully next week I can catch back up with him I, have noticed a couple scrapes being hit about once every 4 days and planning on hunting around them. Good luck to everyone and good hunting.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

RJPOUTDOORS, that sounds like a plan!!! Good luck!
Old 12-07-2008, 12:05 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Just checking in... still harvesting corn but should be done in 3 - 4 days. I toke a nasty spill on some ice while workingand took my knee out. I figure if I have to work on it ... would not be right not to hunt on it. I just need Antler Eater to come up here and pull me out to my hunting spots using my deer sled. The farthest spot is only a little over a mile. Tyler and the wife won't do it. Bandit is too old to pull me. Come on Ken... it's for the team!! [8D]

Seriously it should be good to go by the time we are done with harvest. I can still walk on it... just not very far or fast.

Can't wait to get back hunting. The bucks are still moving goodwith the cold weather. A little rutting still going on.

Good luck to everyone still hunting.

Tim
Old 12-07-2008, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

....Well...Er... you know Tim I would pull you around on your deer sled and would be happy to do it but of course I have this old war injury that prevents me from lifting anything over 16 ounces. It has been a handicap in life but somehow I persevere and get though it. Hope you understand .

Seriously I hope you recover from your "spill" in time to do some hunting. You certainly deserve it.A lot ofcity folk have a hard time grasping the hours and effort that go into a harvest season. I don't know howyou do it, be careful.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:14 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Antler Eater

....Well...Er... you know Tim I would pull you around on your deer sled and would be happy to do it but of course I have this old war injury that prevents me from lifting anything over 16 ounces. It has been a handicap in life but somehow I persevere and get though it. Hope you understand .

Seriously I hope you recover from your "spill" in time to do some hunting. You certainly deserve it.A lot ofcity folk have a hard time grasping the hours and effort that go into a harvest season. I don't know howyou do it, be careful.

A handicapped super hero. [8D] Knee is getting better and wouldn't effect my hunting much at all by the time I get to hunt. Harvest is still goingpainful slow with the weather and amajor combine break down. Starting to look like we won't be done before the weekend.

Tim
Old 12-14-2008, 09:19 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

We are done with harvest. We broke many records that we never hope to have to experience ever again !!. Combined when it was 6 below. Dried corn at 10 below. I had a 22 hour day, a couple 21 hour days,several 20 hour days and many, many18 hour days. [&:]

Now it is time to hunt and just as everything has went this year... it isn't going to be pretty out there.

8am[/align][/align]
[/align][/align]
-25°F
Cloudy[/align][/align]
wind chill -49°F[/align][/align]
From NW
13 mph[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align] Sunrise 8:18 am[/align][/align][/align]

9am[/align][/align]
[/align][/align]
-22°F
Cloudy[/align][/align]
wind chill -45°F[/align][/align]
From WNW
13 mph[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

10am[/align][/align]
[/align][/align]
-19°F
Cloudy[/align][/align]
wind chill -41°F[/align][/align]
From WNW
13 mph[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

11am[/align][/align]
[/align][/align]
-17°F
Mostly Cloudy[/align][/align]
wind chill -39°F[/align][/align]
From WNW

12pm[/align][/align]
[/align][/align]
-16°F
wind chill -37°F[/align][/align]
From WNW

1pm[/align][/align]
[/align][/align]
-16°F
From WNW
12 mph[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

2pm[/align][/align]
[/align][/align]
-16°F
From WNW
12 mph[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

3pm[/align][/align]
[/align][/align]
-16°F
wind chill -36°F[/align][/align]
From W
11 mph[/align][/align]I think I will sleep in and try hunting in the afternoon. 25 below is just a little too cool even for me. [:'(] [/align][/align]Tim [/align][/align][/align]

Quick Reply: Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.