Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Rage in the Cage Thread (34) >

Official Team Rage in the Cage Thread (34)

Community

Official Team Rage in the Cage Thread (34)

Old 10-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 34 thread!

it seems the weather is getting better now that i have to work the next5 days or i should say nights, 12 hours at that. this will just make me stronger right guys?
Old 10-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Spike

Well I went out yesterday evening after work. I decided to hunt some public ground that I drive by on my way home. I went to a spot that I had yote hunted a few times last year.

I walked across a grass field and into the timber a little ways and decided to climb up the first tree I found that I could get my climber up. As I was setting my bow down I noticed that I had forgot my quiver with arrows in it on top of my truck. Luckily I was only 150-200 yards from the truck, so it wasn't a long walk back to get them.

At 6:30 I saw a deer cross the grass field about 80 yards out, not coming my way. About 10 mins later I had a doe and a fawn come down the edge of the field about 40 yards out, but I had no shot. Then with about 10 mins of legal time left I had a small buck come in and walk right under me. So, for going into a spot that I never deer hunted and just climbing up the first tree I found I thought it was a good evening.

I will be going to my honey hole this weekend and I should get a doe. As long as the cattle stay away.

Good luck everyone. [/align]
Old 10-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

deerslayer glad to hear things worked out hope you get out soon, teejay good job with the large doe. sorry guys havent been very vocal work has had me bogged down I will be out on the first day I will keep all posted good luck to all and shoot straight. q2
Old 10-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys I am up at Robs awaiting the opening morning. I will keep you all informed on the opening morning.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

Nice cool morning to open the season, at first light I had a spike come and bed down for about 15 mins then walk off, about a half hour later a doe and two little ones come walking buy followed buy the same spike. I enjoyed the opening morning taking in mother nature and having a day off work. Rob and I will be out for the evening hunt and you never know we might be one of the lucky ones to score on opening day.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tell the ol goat hi ok.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I made it out for the opener didn't think i'd be able to but luckily I did. I saw 2 does at 5:25 had em come into 18yd I wanted a shot at the big doe but she wouldn't stop she got to the edge of where I could get a shot i bahh'd at her and she didn't care much for that and off they went. I could've shot her fawn but I passed. Felt great to get out. I hope to get out a few times this week all gona depend on how the hip feels because i'm paying for last night. Hope everyones having some luck.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Turned down a 90" 8 pt tonight then got drowned out.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:57 AM

Not much happening down here guys..... The deer aren't moving much on my properties. I've seen a handful of does but nothing in range. I'm trying to pace myself b/c I've got 3.90 months left to do this and things don't get good until December.

Good luck everyone.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

well guys i went out sunday morn. and shot a big doe that felt good to release an arrow. i went check a diff part of the farm ive hunted for 10 years and found a 140-150 buck dead w/ velvet on still [real decomposed] and he had a red summer coat on maybe he got hit by a car. i dunno he was nice and gave me a sick feeling. well good luck everyone

Quick Reply: Official Team Rage in the Cage Thread (34)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.