Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Rage in the Cage Thread (34) >

Official Team Rage in the Cage Thread (34)

Community

Official Team Rage in the Cage Thread (34)

Old 10-21-2008, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 34 thread!

dont pay attention to the date i forgot to reset up my camera
Old 10-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another sit and nothing.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Still nothing.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:54 AM

I killed a doe last Thursday, other than that, its been slow. I've logged 40hrs in a tree so far with only 9 sightings. October is always the slowest month down south, so I'm not discouraged yet.

You midwest boys need to start laying down the wood over the next few weeks!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Still nothing here in crop land. Come monday I will be heading for the big woods for 3 weeks. That is where I usually score so good luck boys.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

the deer are starting to move good now all that i have had in is 1.5 old bucks. my buddies have killed some dandys the largest grossed 185 green and another in grossed in the 150's they both grunted and snort wheezed them in. i start my vacation next week. hope its on fire here. well good luck everyone and be safe
Old 10-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Still nothing here. I've been seeing does but haven't seen any horn yet. I've talked to quite a few people who say the ruts kicking in so hopefully soon i'll see some bone. We got 5" of snow today with temps holding around 30 it made for a nice sit tonight. We're due to score some bone here real soon. Good luck boys!
Old 10-31-2008, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

The rut is here in my area. Tonight my buddy i was hunting with harvested a 2.5yr old 80" 7pt. One other guy who was with us also missed a buck and another missed a doe. I had a opportunity to shoot a doe fawn and passed. I'll be out after em again tomorrow. It's startin 2 pick up here. GL fellas

Old 11-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Spike

BBD!![/align][/align]Well I got into my stand early today, but the cows were not far behind me. I was only in my stand for about 15 mins. and the cows showed up. They hung around until about 10 after 8. Around 7:30 I did have a small buck come through well out of range and with cows under my stand he was moving through fast. Once the cows finally left it was quiet and calm and I could finally start enjoying the morning. At 8:45 I saw three deer up on the ridge, I knew the way they were headed they were going to come down and cross the creek and possible come into range. As they were moving across the ridge I could see they were three large deer but I didn't see any racks, just thought they were some big does. I herd them cross the creek and then I saw him, my first thought was hes a shooter. I took a second to take a look behind him just to see what was with him, they were (2) 1-1/2 year old bucks. So the big boy comes in picture perfect. I stopped him at 25 yards and made a good hit. He went about 100 to 125 yards. I got one lung really good and just barely hit the other one. He was just slightly quartering to me. I am truely blessed. The lord has blessed me with four great season in a row now.

I scored him at 149-3/4". He would have been just over 150 if his G4 on the left wasn't broke. [/align]
Old 11-02-2008, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

Il hunter awsome buck congrats. Great picks with you and your son. Sorry guys I havent been on much work has had me bogged down. I hunted a few days on and off with Rob with no success and at home with no sightings but I will beout in Illinois from the 8th to the 16th so I hope we have a little luck out there. Well Il hunter you got it started with a beautiful buck now its our tun to continue the streak..Again congrats on a nice buck.

Quick Reply: Official Team Rage in the Cage Thread (34)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.