Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10) >

Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Old 08-25-2008, 09:14 PM

Default RE: Official Team 10 Thread

Well guys, I totally forgot to give ya'll an update. I went scouting on the farm that borders my honey hole property. This farm is open to any and everybody but it usually doesn't get any pressure until rifle season. I sat up watching the fence row that borders my honey hole property and ended up seeing a total of 12 deer, all bucks. The smallest was a little 7 point, and only one was a definet shooter. He was definetly a 3-1/2 year old (pretty easy to tell when he is feeding with a 1-1/2 y.o. 8 point and a 2-1/2 y.o. crab claw 7 point. He is a main frame 8 point around 17" wide, decent tine length with a few small kickers. The cool thing about the buck is that he is heavily palmated on his left side, it looked like a human palm. They came out through a golden rod field (staging area) which means that they came out of the timber where I have several treestands and a ground blind set-up. Saturday when I get my new game camera I will be setting it up either on that fence row or on the edge of a nearby cornfield that was kicked into a fine dust from so many deer walking past. My personal property isn't looking good but thankfully I am seeing alot of activity on my honey hole ground!
Old 08-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear you have some deer at the honeyhole, that makes two of us! How are things looking for everyone else?

I have another property to scout this weekend that gets no deerhunting pressure, it could have a monster or two so I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:42 PM

That avatar is great Buck Magnet. I didn't see the antlers in the first one, but now that I do, It looks perfect!

I have some good news. I got permission to hunt about 20 acres surrounded by city land and a subdivision that can't be hunted. It is some tall grass with a little piece of woods that the deer use to get to a 10 acre food plot my cousin owns. There is a strip of woods 50 yards behind a house that the deer walk past everynight. Turns out this guy owns the woods, and it is close toa house, but the family just left, and are just leaving the house there, so now I don't have to worry about them yelling at me for hunting so close to their yard. I saw 15 deer on the food plot 1/2 hr before dark tonight, and see 20 - 25 there everynight while shining, including a 130" ten pointer. Im pumped!
So where is everyone going to be hunting this fall, and what is your goal for this hunting season?
Old 08-26-2008, 05:35 AM
Bartender

Got a nickname for your team, These Girls Rock!
Old 08-26-2008, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: peakrut

Got a nickname for your team, These Girls Rock!
Hey, the cock knockers called and want their team captain back. Good luck on this season brother and remember that the Bone Collectors will be coming to a forrest near you soon!
Old 08-26-2008, 05:57 AM
Bartender

LOL, I got a bone for ya.

Good luck to you also brotha.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Peak, you guys gonna get an Avatar?
Old 08-26-2008, 06:00 AM
Bartender

I have kydeerhunter85 working on it.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jason, glad to see you have some potential in on of your spots. It’s got to be very frustrating to have them somewhat collapse in what they had been producing. Luck to you & the fiancé this fall. Are you getting acorns dropping already? Have a few dropping here, it seems EARLY to me.

Raceway, Gotta root for you to score too, so you can supply the meat for next years GTG. In da woods has to cook again too.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet, you guys can have Oompa Loompa's running around a christmans tree. Hahahahaha

Quick Reply: Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.