Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30) >

Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Community

Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Old 09-08-2008, 08:58 AM

Default RE: Official Team 30 Thread

on a break in school and thought that id check in... finally finished remodeling the house... now i have my priorities in line... bowhunting school work... in that order... 19 days left till my opener!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:45 PM

Man our Thread is Dead ! Maybe it will pick up when season starts !
Old 09-12-2008, 06:44 AM
Dominant Buck

I suppose it's time to find out, OKIE......I leave today to hunt tomorrow. I'm hunting an outfitter tomorrow with some friends.....and then my woods for most of the remainder of the season.

And...........We're off.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:40 PM

Good luck GMMAT.... yeah this thread is dead... lol we are just too busy shooting and scouting to worry with petty typing and stuff!!
Old 09-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

Gmmat

Good luck Gmmat and shoot straight, yeah I have to agree with you Drew about our team being quiet,this is the most quiet team I've been on, LOL,it'll pick up when everyone is back from their hunts,like Fshfly, Canuck & now Gmmat. Hopefully Gmmat will get us on the board.
The others are on Antelope and Moose hunts. I'll get out for the 1st time tomorrow morning and maybe I'll get lucky and tag one of those bucks I took pictures of if there still using their regular routes to the bedding area.I'll check in bout noon and let you know how I did tomorrow.
Went out last night to try and get a small doe for my son in law. LAO I went out in my work cloths and sneakers and would have had a doe had it not of been getting busted from behind. I was getting ready to draw on the doe in front when all of a sudden 2 doe's started snorting n all, then the other doe stepped back into the woods and ran off also. I didn't think this could happen with me being stinky from 2 days work n all,so in law thought I was going to get her to as he watched it all from our trailer unfold with the Bini's. Now that would have been a story!! Talk to you later .
Rocky
Old 09-13-2008, 05:43 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys. I'm puttin up my stands today all 3 of them lol.I havent been in the woods forever but i think i got some good spots picked. One night during the summer me and my bud were spotlighting and we saw 8 or 10 bucks laying in one of our wheat fields!!! Theres defiantly some big boys around. Theres a big 12 and the nitorious uneven 8 still running around should make for a great season.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

O yea better top off your tanks gas prices are gonna soar[:@]
Old 09-13-2008, 01:05 PM

My camera is not functioning right at the moment so i havent got anything to show... i have a good good trail running in front of my opening morning stand... how many of you have had ur opening morning stands picked out for months now... regardless of wind
Old 09-14-2008, 01:15 AM
Typical Buck

Got Out Tonight

Well I didn't make it out this morning like planned my daughter went into labor and it turned out to be false labor.[:@]I wanted to hunt this spot as a morning stand.[&:]
Well I gout into my stand after setting it up and placing it by 5:45 tonight.
Had movement by 7 from a fawn that was bedded not 50 yards from where I'd set up. She stuck around for an hour the fed away from me.That was it for the night and as I walked out under the full moon I pushed 5 more deer on their way out to the fields. Just need to set one more stand up in their for the rut. Guess this will have to do till my daughter gives birth hopefully sometime this week. I've usually got 7 days in by now out of the 8 it's been opened. I'll be better once I'm finished restoring this old barn were working on. Then I can start hunting hard. Talk to yous on Wednesday night, good luck to those hunting.
Rocky
Old 09-14-2008, 06:22 PM
Dominant Buck

8.5 hours on stand yesterday....and I saw one spike come by at 7:20PM. What a miserably HOT time (I heard 99 from stand, yeaterday).

Got a west wind predicted for th morning....and I'm going into a new woodlot for the first time. We'll see. If a doe comes by and it's a slam-dunk....I'm shootin'.

Hope you others are getting out, some. Good luck, all.

Quick Reply: Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.