Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30) >

Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Community

Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Old 11-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 30 Thread

Well, Ray (the friendly neighbor) and I teamed up this afternoon, hunting about 300 yds apart. I had to shoot a "silver bullet" and trade in some kitchen pass credits to get out hunting for most of the day. I had a buck pass by me in the O-dark-thirty, but my friend Ray won the brass ring with a nice buck this afternoon, a real horse!, that we've been after for the past year or so (and not the big one I saw yesterday). We estimated 6 1/2 yrs, 12 pt (w/stickers around the bases and busted G-3), and ~20" spread. I'll have to leave my hunting partners home, lol, but I really enjoy their success! Here are a few pics:
-fsh

Old 11-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

Andy
Great buck Andy,tell your neibour congrats. Its always a bright spot in our lives when we can fool an older buck and a relief, hope you the best on the brute who is still lurking in your woods. Shoot straight and be instinctive.
Rocky

Old 11-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

Andy, congrats to the neighbor guy. I wonder what kind ofmonster managed to bust off the buck's G3. OK, now your turn.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:08 AM
Typical Buck

Minor clarification, Ray is the neighbor toa farm that I hunt - not a neighbor to my farm. I've been back, but have seen onlydinks walking in the woods. Ray went into his photo archives, and we both agree this could be the monster buck I saw last week. Pic was taken 11 Feb, so add a year's growth:
-fsh

Old 11-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

About 6 weeks ago, I mentioned a friend who killed a most unusual buck. I finally got the picture from him, a "moose" white-tailedbuck that carries a lot of character...
-fsh

Old 11-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

Andy
Cudo's to your freind who shot the mooose like whitetail,dang he'd be down in a second if I saw him. Love the mass too. Well I start tomorrow with my all day sitstill the 29th guys. Wish me luck ,cause we all need some don't we? Andy, hope the buck you got on the cam puts on some weight,he looks to be starving, just shoot him already ,LMAO. Best of luck to you, wonder what ever happened to our captain? Good luck guys and be safe out their. Will keep in touch daily now that I'm on holidays.
Rocky[8D]
Old 11-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry Andy
Didn't see the picture was from last year ,Daaaaaaa!!! Getem anyway's.
Rocky
Old 11-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Typical Buck

Dang
What a bad day on stand, I never saw a dang thing till 5minutes till it was black. It was the 5x6 with 9 does walking out in single file 50 yards away from me. Guess he kicked the crap out of the 6x7. He did have the more weight though. I was blown away by not seeing any lone bucks looking for love. I'm thinking the does might not of started estrus yet. That's all I can think. Well it's off to my other honey hole,hopefully I have better luck their. Good luck guys. Oh yeah it was only -3 today and tomorrow iscalling for +3.need the cold to come and some snow. Also the almost full moon might have something to do with it as I never heard a thing come of the fields in the am.
Rocky[:@]
Old 11-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

Rocky, just a matter of time. Meanwhile, you get to keep going out. Don't want to end the season too soon.

Andy, that 'moose' is a humdinger. Once in a lifetime deer right there.

Our late archery season starts Nov 25. I've been practicing, bum eye and all, and manage to get decent results. I just need a deer that will pose for me for a long time so I can use my new, improved style before I shoot.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

Jack
Sounds like you might get out after all!Awsome ,them deer will stand tall for ya buddy LMAO, best of luck to you my freind[8D]I was out this morning and the weather changed for the good with a good cold beeze. Something felt right , you know one of those feelings we get when all hell breaks loose. Well I was on stand at 7:10 and at 7:14 I heard my 1st deer approaching and I wasn't even belted in yet,LOL.
The deer were very vocal this am and it was snowing softly. An amazing morning to be on stand,then at 7:20 a red fox made his way past my stand from the feild,what a gracious animal to view in the wild.Well by 10:30 I had hear over 50 deer vocally and seen 12 does and still they weren't allowing me a shot. The deer weren't in estrus yet as 9 of the mature does were with out a buck on them. I'm sure it will be any day soon though. Saw one buck with 3 does and he was a runt at that.
By 10:30 with all the action it became terribly quiet for a bit so I decided to give it a growl and a rattle sequence, I must say that is the 1st time I had a good buck come in with out me knowing it. The only thing that gave him away was the branch he broke under my stand as he passed out of harms way.With in 15 minutes another 5x5 150ish buck passed behind me out of harms way. Man was I pumped to try my new bow out on anything, LOL. Well at 10:50 a doe came in from in front of me and gave me the tryout for my quaint liitle bow. She was1/4ering to me and I let her have at at 16 yards. The other2 stood still as they had no Idea what had justhappened to momma. She exploded away from the scrape with blood flying in all directions. She almost pulled back enough to save her as the arrowblew right through her front shoulder blade and took out her lung and split her heart. Sounded like a rifle when the arrow blew through her shoulder blade. I thought what is going on here as I watched her blow through the bush. She made it 36 yards before she stopped and fell over in my sight.
Pulled my range finder out to see what happened and I saw an ear flicker and the young ones approched her to see what had just happened. SO I sat back and gave her time to expire as there was blood 2feet to both sides of her as she went on her death run.Time was 11:20 and I decided to go get her and as I was packing up my bow Iheard the sound of footsteps approching in the snow. I grabbed my bow as she walked out and smelled the blood in the scrape from the 1st doe and I thought she would blow out too. Well she kept walking past me for my quartering away shot that I have been waiting so long for[8D]
I drew and held and let it fly at 14 yards,saw the arrow in the snow with a clean pass through,the shot felt good. Well she jumped about 15 feet and ran 10 more yards and looked back to see what had justhappened.I saw the arrow and bood where it hit the ground as she sat and I thought, awsome 2 deer in one day.An acomplishment I have yet to equal while bow hunting. Then I look back and she getsup,I say no stay down and down she goes. Gets up and walks 20 feet and you could see she was feeling crappy and she fell again.Shedid this four more times and I thought shewas deadasIpacked up. As I stood up to climb down she got up and walked another 30 yards and fell with in 20 feet of the other doe.
I got down and left her to harden up and went and had lunch with a freindclose by. Gave her 2 hours to harden up and went back in and my bud carried the bow just in case. Well he pushed her to fast and up she got and he took the 40 yard shot but hit a twig and missed . Loaded my other doe up and took er out and cleaned her andpicked up a buddy and went back out at 4pm. She went another 50 yards and the only way we found her as she plugged up and was full of her own blood. The magiepies were on her. Dragged her out and now I have to go skin them tonight yet . Was a great day guys [8D],must say I have never felt so good abouta bow as I do with this one. It truly amazed me with it'sspeed and it's punch. I'll be back in the saddle tomorrow after noon for an evening hunt, as I have an interview in the morning. Good luck and God Bless.
Rocky[8D]
PS> So in all ,I saw 14 does and 5 bucks in the 5 hours I was on stand

Quick Reply: Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.