Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28) >

Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Community

Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Old 09-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Best of luck to you during your hunt. Do you get a guide if selected, or do you get to go on your own? I have never hunted Elk, so excuse me if its a dumb question.

Be safe
Old 09-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys got some good news this week. I moved into my rental house at school and my landlord said i could hunt some ground behind my house. 2 nights ago had a doe 15 yds from me eating from my apple tree, lastnight saw 6 doe, 5 this morning, and 8 tonight!!! but the best part is that i get to hunt as an urban deer hunt so i get to start hunting 2 weeks eaely so next saturday its on. also it has been said there was a nice 12 point in this field last year.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hoyt_Viper

Best of luck to you during your hunt. Do you get a guide if selected, or do you get to go on your own? I have never hunted Elk, so excuse me if its a dumb question.

Be safe
I've never been drawn, My friend has, however. He got drawn for an (edit) COW tag back in 03 and he said he never saw anything but Bulls, BIG bulls too, he said the night of the drawling when he got drawn, there was 4 different outfitters calling him, and he only had a cow tag.

So if you do get drawn, our "idiot" questions I think will answer themselfs.... I think..... (i hope haha!!)

Ryan.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys,

Sorry for not posting much, been working alot of extra hours lately[:@]. I was able to get out and check my game cams, but there was very little to report on. One smaller buck, and some does. I relocated them to cover our food plot so I'm looking for some improved results. I should be able to recheck them on Saturaday. If I get anything decent I'll post some pictures.

Take care,

Brian
Old 09-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a night tonight was!!! I got premission to hunt 140 acres of prestine wilderness here in PA Which is hard to come by its lower end is close to houses, so the deer dont mind people, and the upper end is 80,000 acres of timber. Anyhow, me my friend and his friend (Rod and Eric) Are the only 3 people who are going to Bowhunt it!! It gets hunted in Rifle season, hard, but not anything like what it should be.

Anyhow, after checking and selecting stand locations, We are comming out to the front fields, and we run into some Does, about 9 of them, all in the feilds we sneak within 30 yards of them before we get busted, so I was like Eric, Their prolly down by the house eatin them apples out of that guys yard... We walk 100 yards stop and glass it, There he was. Standing about 30 yards from our truck and about 15 from the house, grazing. We get him to put his head up i said Hey Eric, Whats that standing directly infront of your truck, by now its dark dark. But the guy has a street light and when they shiloette against his white house you can make out ever point. So, Were all excited, and we start sneaking closer their about 100 yards now and we sit down to check them again, cause we cant get a Great look at their racks. And then I was like Eric is that a car comming up the road... sure enough, There was, and it turned out being the guy who owns the property, we watched the headlights hit these 2 bucks and my jaw hit the floor. the SMALLER. of the two will net 140 and the bigger atleast 160 if not more. So, I do believe I have 2 bucks with a Target drawn on them. You gotta remember.

THESE ARE PA BUCKS!!!!! ( welcome to the Brown is down Capital of the USA! )

Ryan.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:14 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

One last post before we fly out. My primary job on this hunt is to guide for my g/f.Ultimate result would be for me to call one in she sticks. I have killed enough big bulls and I don't think we need meat from 2 elk. Will post pics when I return.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

(tapping the computer screen) Is this thing on?? Is there anyone out there??

Ryan.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

<Jumping up and down> Im at Virginia Beach until Monday. I will be checking in from time to time, but not thinking of hunting with all of these bikinis walking around. These are different racks than what I will see in the woods!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hahahaha!! good stuff, Have fun, was sorta wondering what happened to everyone??

Ryan.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ohh yeah, The elk tag drawing is on the 20th btw.

Ryan.

Quick Reply: Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.