Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27) >

Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27)

Community

Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27)

Old 11-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27)

Old 11-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

That is a toad Brent!Now go get him. Well guys, I came close tonight, he was only a small 6 point, but after going a year without meat in the freezer, and with the season in the second half, I figured he would do. He came thru right before dark, hot on the tail of a doe. I turned the can over 2 times, and he stopped in his tracks, and looked back in the direction that it came from. I grunted at him twice, and he still wouldnt budge. So I snort wheezed at him, and boy he didnt like that. He came right in, ears laid back, and stiff legged. Well, I took a shot at about 25 yards, and he ran off about 10 yards. I watched him for about 5 minnutes, until he just walked off. When I got down, I found my arrow, clean miss! [:@]I think I might have hit my bow arm with the string. I am really starting to get frustrated. I never mentioned it on here, (I know how hard these guys can be on you on this forum) but last year I hit a doe in the early season, and never found her. I think I hit her in the ham, or the leg, because I had really good bright red blood for about 200 yards, and then it just stopped. Then in the late season last year, I hit a buck, that I never found, (actually I think he lived to see another day). And now this clean miss. I am starting to think I should go back to gun hunting, I never lost a deer when I only gun hunted.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

I hear ya Darren, I have more then a couple wounded deer in my bowhunting career...mostly due to shot selection in my earlier years...and shot placement more recently.

One thing I found is that I have to keep practicing religiously...I had been shooting lights out for the last month, and just today I shot a few rounds after hunting...I was high and left at all yardages...something moved!?
Old 11-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think most of my problem is that I cant get over the buck fever thing. It seem like when I shoot at a deer, I for the loss of a better prase, black out. Not really, but its like I cant remember anything about the shot. Like tonight, when I drew my bow, its like nothing felt right, and then when I did get him in my sights, and squeezed the trigger, I didnt even see the arrow leave the bow, or where it hit. Its just frustrating after bow hunting for 10 or so years, you would think that I would be over that. Oh well, better go practice some.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont get down about it BigDaddy, just try and concentrate more than anything else when your drawing down or getting ready to...just try and concentrate and focus on whats gonna happen. I dont know if itll help but its something to try...
Old 11-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

Darren, sounds like you have a problem my buddy has a real bad case of....buck fever the first day of archery this year he missed a doe twice at under 20 yards, problem was he was so worked up becuase of buck fever he would punch the trigger and would shoot over the deer. Week after i sat in the stand with him and when a doe came through i just told him to take his time and that the deer aint going anywhere. Bottom line, he made a perfect shot at 17 yards. But on to the buck i set him up on, he completely forgot about taking his time to "control" his buck fever and ended up making a poor shot that he could have swore was perfect but his mind was so fogged up from buck fever. I told him that we would back out and come back the next day, found his buck 150 yards away with a shot square in the hind quarter. He was using a rage bh that just barely caught the femoral artery running down through the leg. Best advice i can give you is to just try to slow yourself down and take your time and pick exactly where you want to hit the deer, and yes i was in your same shoes the first couple years of bowhunting until i started to take my time and concentrate on where i want the arrow to go. Hope this helps you bud.

P.S.- Nice buck Brent, now go put your tag on him
Old 11-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey boys, sure has been slow in here lately. Not much going on here. Did get to see the big 8 Sunday night right at dark, that my wife wants me to get. We have a few different traili cam pics of him, and she want him on hte wall.[8D]I couldnt get him to stop, and I didnt want to take a shot on him while he was walking, so he lived to see another day.
So, what are your personal chances at scoring on a buck yet this year? I have to say, that my chances are not all that great. I could probably tag a smaller buck,(I have been seeiing a ton of different small ones) if I wanted, but I keep seeing that big 8 in my mind, and I just cant do it yet. I have 2 more full weekends to bow hunt,(I can actually bow hunt until the first of the year) and if I have not filled my archery tag by then, I am bringing my ML out the weekend after Thanksgiving. This will be my first year hunting with a ML, and I am really looking forward to it. The problem is, that in my area iin Minnesota, we can only tag one deer period. Our ML season runs from November 29th - December 14th I think it is. So, if I still have not filled my tag by then, the bow will come back out for the last 2 weekends. So, what are your true chances of taging out on a buck this year? Good Luck to you all the rest of your seasons.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

My chances are pretty good
Old 11-12-2008, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Bullet Hole Bailey

My chances are pretty good
[8D]Ya Patrick, I would say your chances are about 100%.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not too shabby[8D]

Quick Reply: Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.