HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27)
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 10:05 AM
crazedbowhunter
Typical Buck

Default RE: Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27)

Darren, sounds like you have a problem my buddy has a real bad case of....buck fever the first day of archery this year he missed a doe twice at under 20 yards, problem was he was so worked up becuase of buck fever he would punch the trigger and would shoot over the deer. Week after i sat in the stand with him and when a doe came through i just told him to take his time and that the deer aint going anywhere. Bottom line, he made a perfect shot at 17 yards. But on to the buck i set him up on, he completely forgot about taking his time to "control" his buck fever and ended up making a poor shot that he could have swore was perfect but his mind was so fogged up from buck fever. I told him that we would back out and come back the next day, found his buck 150 yards away with a shot square in the hind quarter. He was using a rage bh that just barely caught the femoral artery running down through the leg. Best advice i can give you is to just try to slow yourself down and take your time and pick exactly where you want to hit the deer, and yes i was in your same shoes the first couple years of bowhunting until i started to take my time and concentrate on where i want the arrow to go. Hope this helps you bud.

P.S.- Nice buck Brent, now go put your tag on him