Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27) >

Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27)

Community

Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27)

Old 09-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27)

I hunted half a day and spent the rest of it tracking one of my hunting partners' deer. It was a 1.5 year old doe and he took a marginal shot at it...

We never found it dead, but we did jump it twice and it looked ok...the worst part is that the arrow is still in her [:'(]
Old 09-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well that sure is discouraging.....I always get a twisted feelin in my gut when I hear stuff like that. I know sometimes it happens but most of the time I think people just rush the shots and dont realize that there will always be another day and I would WAY rather hunt a few more days then take a marginal/questional shot that wont result well....
Old 09-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

I feel the same way Patrick, unfortunately I have been in his shoes and lost a few deer myself...I just feel like I have moved past that stage. I have shot enough deer now that I will not take a questionable shot.

It would have been his second career archery kill, so I can see where he might be anxious...hopefully he will learn
Old 09-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys, I can relate to your friend losing that doe, I have lost a few deer myself. But it is a sickening feeling. Well, no luck in the woods lastnight. I didnt go out in the morning, I needed to sleep in after spending 15 hours in the car on Friday, not to mention getting home after midnight. So I went and sat in the rain for 3 hours in the afternoon. I got down about 10 minutes before legal time was up, because I was having a hard tim seeing, and wouldnt you knw it I had 2 does right out in front of me about 20 yards, that spooked, and took off. Oh well, I am at the campground right now, but I will be back in a tree in a few hours. Unfortunately, it is suppose to rain all day today again.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

i wish it would rain here!!

Good luck man!
Old 09-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

I spent eight hours on stand in WI today in the pouring rain and I didn't see anything.All my normal spots are flooded out.I tried hunting some high ground on a bean field between a marsh and some apple trees but I still did not see anything.I will be back out next weekend hopefully with better weather.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys, went out again tonight ini the rain. Had a small 6 in the beans about 50 yards out for over an hour and a half. But I got some good news. When I got out of my stand, I grabbed the camera that I had out in front of this stand and took it home to see what was on it. This is going to be my buck that I will be after this year. Probably aint the biggest buck for some areas, but we just dont see many this size around here.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here is one more of him. These were taken on the 7th at 7:54. That would make it legal shooting time. Now if he would just come around now that the season is open.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

Here is one more of him. These were taken on the 7th at 7:54. That would make it legal shooting time. Now if he would just come around now that the season is open.

Hell ya man. He aint bad atall'. Put him down........good luck with him..
Old 09-14-2008, 09:48 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MECHDOC

I spent eight hours on stand in WI today in the pouring rain and I didn't see anything.All my normal spots are flooded out.I tried hunting some high ground on a bean field between a marsh and some apple trees but I still did not see anything.I will be back out next weekend hopefully with better weather.
I spent some time in the stand this afternoon. I got to my stand and was in it for about five minutes when a decent size bear showed up. This dude has been eating all my corn. I checked him out for a bit then tried to scare him off. That backfired!!!! I took a few pics of him with my phone, then I yelled at him to spook him away. He looked around for a bit , then seen me in the tree. It was kind of creepy that he didnt run away. I telled at him some more and he finally moved off into the ditch line on the side of the field. About five minutes later, and after I thought he was gone, I heard some footsteps behind my stand. I looked over my shoulder and there he was. I yelled for him to get going and he came closer!!! He was almost to the base of the tree. I screamed at him to leave, he stomped his front feet and was looking at me. I was a little uneasy at this point and was about to draw my bow. He turned and started to walk away, then stomped his front feet again and moved off back into the woods. Five minutes later, he was back eating corn!!!!!![:@] After yelling at him for a couple of minutes , I shook the tree next to me and he finally ran off into the woods. I thankfully didnt see him anymore... I was a little skiddish climbing out of the tree at dark........Needless to say, I didnt see any deer!!!

Quick Reply: Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.