Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Treestand Assassins Thread (6) >

Official Team Treestand Assassins Thread (6)

Community

Official Team Treestand Assassins Thread (6)

Old 10-31-2008, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Treestand Assassins (needs an Avatar)Thread (6)

There are still alot of bucks on the move. I am going on vacation this week and hope to close the deal on a mature buck. I have passed up quite a few so far, the really nice ones just aren't moving in this area yet. I believe the middle to the end of this week should start to get really good. I hope everyone is having fun. Good luck and good shooting.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck Woodline. I will be out hopefully all weekend and have been trying to get out a few nights after work during the week.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:18 AM

hey guys, I havn't seen much yet in big bucks but there is alot of sign. My brother saw a big 17 point that we have deer cam pics of and we just got pics of a droptine 12 and a nice 8. So hopefully i can get a shot at one of them. I did shoot a little jake last weekend though. I was pretty pumped because it was my first turkey with a bow.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

I had one of the best mornings I have ever had in the woods thus far. I get to my treestand with 1/2 hour to spare before sun-up. I get a text msg, "is that you in your stand? if not someone is in it" I say yea. We didnt plan to hunt together today but it worked out that way and it came in handy. At 9:30 I see a nice 8 point. He walked down the hill to my left side and I get ready for the shot but he stays behind brush and walked out into an open area between woodlots that hold powerlines and the deer love to travel. So I grunt at him to try to coax him back into the woods. I get a text right after I grunt. "BIG BUCK!" I said its a nice 8 I am grunting at him now. He said "No, Keep grunting this is a different buck that hears you. Well the 8 point goes out of site then a HUGE 10 comes down to my left also looking for a fight. Guys, this is the biggest buck I have ever seen first hand in the woods. As he stops in a shooting lane at 20 yards, I draw back. But thats where it ended, he only gave me a quartering to shot so I had to let him walk [:@]. I stayed in the same stand for the evening hunt and my buddy moved down and towards the powerlines. He spotted the big 10 twice tonight, with no shot
Old 11-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

Well we seen the big boy again on Sunday morning. I hope atleast one of us gets a good crack at him. I moved my climber to the spot I saw him enter the woods both times.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, we're on the board guys. I got an 8 point on Wed afternoon that scored 99 3/8.It's in the bowhunting forum. The story and a better pic is on page 2 of rickmur's thread about my buck. I have another buck tag available and I plan to hang it on a bigger buck, but the first one is the only one we can enter, so . . . we're in!
Old 11-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

Thats a way to get us on the board! Congrats!

Old 11-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

Nice job!!! Way to get us on the board. Go get that big 10 pwrstk! I had a good week but seemed to have everything that could go wrong, did. The weather was terrible. The corn is still in the fields, and they are logging one of the best timbers around. I will be getting out a few times this week and hope to catch them between does. They are pretty much locking up with does at the moment. Good luck and good shooting everyone!!
Old 11-12-2008, 09:20 PM

Hey guys sorry i haven't posted in a while. My computer crashed. Sunday night a killed a doe. I have had a lot of action around my area. Will try to get some pics posted of her as soon as i get my computer running again. I was pretty excited because it was my first bow kill.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the doe Hick! I couldnt hunt like I wanted to this week with work getting in the way[:@]. And this weekend dont look to promising neither. BUT I will get out as much as I can. With the rain, cold temps and wind we are expecting, I might end up with pneumonia, but this is the time of year I have been waiting for all year!

Quick Reply: Official Team Treestand Assassins Thread (6)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.