Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Treestand Assassins Thread (6) >

Official Team Treestand Assassins Thread (6)

Official Team Treestand Assassins Thread (6)

Old 10-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Treestand Assassins (needs an Avatar)Thread (6)

Well guys sounds like everyone is having fun!!!! I just rolled back in from Filming in Illinois NO deer. My buddy who was the hunter passed on a 100 inch 8pt the first night and a 85 inch 8pt the second night. We changed farms on Sat. night and saw a 170 inch 10 pt but no shot was presented, now it is time for me to grab the bow and do so hunting here in Mich. I have the one really biggin around home I am going to give some time too but my real hunting starts Oct24 when I head to southern Illinois til Nov-20 sp keep the stories coming I love reading them!! Walt
Old 10-10-2008, 05:50 AM
Typical Buck

Kind of an interesting night lastnight in the woods. I got home from work, showered and hit the stand. About an hour left of daylight I see a deer working the field edge 250 yards away. I got my binos out, doe. about 15-20 minutes later 4 doe come from the other side and work their way 40 yards and closing to me. My stand is set up 10 yards into the woods and there is 2 lanes I have to shoot through. They were working their way to the edge and had me thinking one would offer me a 20 yard shot. While their heads were down in the cut corn eating, I attempt to get into position. 1 doe turned her head just at the right time, blew and ran 50 yards as the other doe stayed there. Then a small buck came in and chased the other doe off and into the woods they went. So I climb down and walk out into the field. I see the doe I spotted 250 yards away and decide to attempt my first stalk. The path along the field is packed down dirt so I was able to walk quiet as a mouse. I close in to 50 yards from her as she was facing the other way when a small fawn (not much bigger then my black lab)decides to come out of the woods 30 yards infront of me. It paused when it saw me. Then this fawn decided to pay me a visit and ran right up to me. At this point I could have reached out and poked this fawn with an arrow. But once this fawn decided I wasnt supposed to be there it took of and ran past the big doe and she took off then to following the fawn.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:29 AM
Typical Buck

Hello again everyone! I am just checking in to let you know what is happening here. I went out with my daughter last weekend and she shot her first deer, a button buck. She is 7 years old and hooked on deer hunting. She made a great shot and we are enjoying the backstraps. I have been out quite a bit and been having moderate luck. I have seen a lot of good bucks and shot a doe. I am waiting for it to cool off so we can really see the action heat up. I hope you are all having a good season. Good luck and good shooting everyone!
Old 10-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey there guys I finally got a weekend to go up and do some nanny whacking with my daughter this weekend, 15 minutes into me picking up my bow for the 2008 season and I had a bunch of yotes start howling and then here came this nice doe. I erp and stopped her at 35 yards and then center punched her, she ran only 25 yards and piled up.. I filmed my daughter this morning and shot some awesome footage of a big ole bobcat walking by us.. Walt
Old 10-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

Any guesses on the score of the big guy?
Old 10-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

BTW congrats stickbow!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:01 PM

Im no expert on deer scoring but i would put him about 115 to 125. Just an guess.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well boys I just got back from another fun filled weekend with my daughter up north no deer but man did we have fun. She missed a big ole doe this morning, and I finally got on a big 10pt I never knew was in my honey hole and the kicker is I have to leave him go till Dec. hunting seeing I am leaving for 28 days on the road this coming Fri. So I have to hope the gunners don't get him.. Well good boys it's all most time to get real serious!! Walt
Old 10-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

Hello all. it has been awhile since i have posted. I have spent alot of disappointing time in the woods. i have made it out 10 times so far i have seen about 20 does no bucks. none of them came into range. two times i have had does walking towards my stand only to be chased off by a black lab that a guy who live just out side of the national forest lets run. Anyone know how black labs tastes? i have 3 stands up and the availablity to hunt any tree from my tree saddle but yet it seems if i need a northwind i get a southwind or vice versa. There have been alot of bird hunters walking and have had a couple come close to my stand.at this rate ill betaking my bow and rifle out duringrifle season just so if a buck comes into bow range i can take it for the contest. it just seem that nothing is going right. But the good news is i am sighted in when i finally get one to come into range.

Old 10-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Typical Buck

Guys, I had an awesome morning! I called in a 130-140" 10 point buck that I have on trail camera from over 350 yards away. He came the first 200 yards to the snort wheeze, and the last 100 to rattling. He is going to be a great deer if he makes it to next year. I had him at 27 yards broadside, but everything is just starting and I would like to see what he could become. I will be going out more the middle of this week, and then on vacation next week. Hopefully it will all fall into place. I hope you are all having a fun season. Good luck and good shooting!!

Quick Reply: Official Team Treestand Assassins Thread (6)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.