Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Bonetech Commanders thread (39) >

Official Team Bonetech Commanders thread (39)

Community

Official Team Bonetech Commanders thread (39)

Old 09-23-2008, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 39 thread

Made it out again yesterday after work. Saw 3 does. The only one that offered a shot still had some faint spots on her hind quarters. She stopped broadside at 15 yards in my shooting lane. In a few weeks, when the spots are gone, she'll be fair game. I don't want my first deer of the year to have spots.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can't blame you there NC, I would have done the same...at least until that winter coat grows in!
Old 09-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

a few recent visitors

Old 09-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

you got some nice deer there.....when does your season start?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice deer Leo!! All of them would get an arrow from me!
Old 09-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

Yote,

I will probably try these guys out around 9-17 NOV, they are in Allison, KS.

I will leave for TX this weekend, I have access to some property that has some nice ones on it.

A couple years back I got a 168" off it. We know there are bigger ones there, but shot opportunities without feeders are tough in the TX scrub.

This years plan is to get in early in the season and see if we can get in there while they are still in bachelor groups.

Six ground blinds on 1700 acres, 2 hunters, 6 days to get it done.

We normally only take 4 bucks a year off this ranch and have a good age structure there.

We only have one trail camera there and won't have any pictures till next week.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow Leo, 1700 acres is a lot to cover for 2 guys. I know Texas has lots of good deer. I was there in December 06 and I saw more bucks in a weekend than I've seen here since! Good luck man!
Old 09-26-2008, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone home??
Old 09-26-2008, 02:14 PM
Typical Buck

I'm here yet but my season doesn't startuntil next saturday.[>:]I have all the tree stands upand ready to go. Hopefully this year I pay a little more attentionand connect on anice one. Last year it cost me a giant 8 pointer probableya 140" orbetter that walked right under my stand.

GOOD LUCK! toeveryone who is hunting this weekend.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

I missed a nice fat doe on wednesday evening. Probably my 6th hunt this year and the first deer I have seen in the woods. I started off in my treestand, but after an hour of not being able to get comfortable and not caring for my spotI decided to hunt off of the ground.I sat down on a tree stump next to a pine tree. At about 530 I see a doe off to myleft about 50 yards. She takes her time working her way over to me.She gets to about 20 yards and stops, she is facing me at this time.She puts her head down and I draw. She picks her head up and stares at me.For about 2 minutes she just stood their weaving her head, ears sticking straight up trying to figure out what the hell I am. I am still holding at full draw, shaking like a leaf. She finally starts walking to my left coming broadside in some fairly high grass. I can see her body but not her head as she has it down and I can't see her legs because of the grass.I am still at full draw for what felt like an eternity and all of a sudden I just pulled the trigger on my release. As soon as I hit the release she dropped about a foot and I watched my arrow sail right over her by about 4 inches.This was my first archery shot at a live animal and I choked.When I actually fired I had lost my concentration of the target.I will not make the same mistake next time.I know this is a long read but I always enjoy hearing about other peoples hunts so I thought I would share mine. I will get back out their Wednesday and hunt for most of the rest of next week.

Quick Reply: Official Team Bonetech Commanders thread (39)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.