Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Bonetech Commanders thread (39) >

Official Team Bonetech Commanders thread (39)

Community

Official Team Bonetech Commanders thread (39)

Old 09-15-2008, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 39 thread

Wow, we're all the way at the bottom!! Well today marks opening day for me at my other property. I came in to work early so I can get out of here early to get to the woods. If a big boy doesn't show up...I'll be nanny whackin!
Old 09-15-2008, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Morning folks. Lots of rain here over the weekend, I was battling the water in my basement. Storm drain at the street backed up, and I guess the easiest route was into my basement, so I was swimming down there. Still 15 sleeps before we can hunt here in IL. Good luck NC, hopefully you can get a biggun'!
Old 09-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

my buck season still doesnt open till the 4th of October.....but this saturday i can be nanny whackin....which i will be. Hope you guys have some luck this week!
Old 09-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

I pulled a couple pics from the camera nothing great but something to look at anyway

Old 09-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

My season is long guys/gal not to worry. I'm heading out tomorrow to see what happens.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Paddles...that second deer looks good. He's a shooter in my woods!

I was able to get to the woods yesterday after work but after about an hour I got ran out by a thunderstorm. There's a front coming through that has dropped our temps a lot. The high yesterday was 93 and the high today is supposed to be 79. As long as it isn't thunderstorming this afternoon, I'll be back at it. I don't mind sitting in a little rain but I'm not fond of sitting in a tree with lightning/thunder around.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

I like that second buck too. Not bad at all for a PA deer.
I picked up my MD license today after work. Probably won't get out to hunt until Sat though.
Went on a final last minute scouting trip to Ohio this past weekend. Have another week and a half until their season
opens up, but my hopes are high.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

That second buck is a shooter in my book. That first one would look pretty tempting come Dec and if I still had buck tags.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Managed to get in the woods again yesterday. It was a lot cooler but breezy. The wind never laid down and it was damp from rain so I couldn't hear anything. I didn't see a single deer. My buddy was hunting a few hundred yards away and had 3 does come in from the pines behind him, downwind. He never knew they were there until one blew at him. He said it scared the bejesus out of him since he didn't know they were there. He said they didn't see him so that's good.

Hey Christine...you too good for our team avatar?!?!
Old 09-17-2008, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

I will be getting out tomorrow afternoon, in 4 sits I have yet to see a deer, other than the dead 8 pointer a friend shot.Moved my stand tosome oak trees with alot of acorns down so hopefully that will help.Heading back up to my friends camp on the weekend to pull a couple of cameras that have been out for 3 weeks and hopefully wack a couple of coyotes.Will also be hanging a couple of stands for when Igo back up in October.

Quick Reply: Official Team Bonetech Commanders thread (39)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.