Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team The Horse Tamers Thread (14) >

Official Team The Horse Tamers Thread (14)

Community

Official Team The Horse Tamers Thread (14)

Old 09-23-2008, 01:10 PM

Default RE: Official Team 14 Thread

I never took any pictures of the doe, seen one uve seen them all. It was very warm out and was in a hurry to get them on ice and out of the heat. I do however have a new found respect for the guys who video tape their hunts, it definately multiplies the difficulty for sure. Has any one from our team scored yet? PA opens in 2 weeks and MD is starting to get some nice bucks down even with the heat.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh man, that does suck.... Why is that exactly? Not dense enough of a population or what?
I'm not exactly sure why Aaron. The whole state isn't like that, just In the area I am In. I could go north to my dads 4.5 hours and shoot 5 deer up there. We have nearly 1,000,000 deer here in Minnesota. The problem Is way to many of them are doe's and 1.5 year old bucks. IMO they need to give out more antlerless only tags for extra tags meaning you can not shoot a buck with that tag, only baldys. I'm dreaming, I know It won't happen.[>:]
Old 09-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

Man I am pumped and ready for the season to begin here in Illinois. I have been doing as much as I can do for deer hunting lately, but I have been real busy. I have had 11 baseball games, in the last 12 days. I could not get out and look for some scrapes and rubs to put my deer cam on because of it, but yesterday was one of our days off, so I went out right after practice and set it up. Everything is ready to go, I have been seeing a lot of deer, and now all I have to do is wait.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck Sport!!
Old 09-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Leaving for Montana on Thur boys.

Hunting the Milk River for some River bottom Monsters
Old 09-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

Milk River holds some monsters Kyle! Good luck, and bring home one for the team!
Old 09-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

Leaving for Montana on Thur boys.

Hunting the Milk River for some River bottom Monsters
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!![:@][:@][:@][:@]

Good luck Kyle and enjoy!!
Old 09-29-2008, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sport4

Milk River holds some monsters Kyle! Good luck, and bring home one for the team!
No doubt about that!

This will be our 5th year out there!
Old 09-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

"THE" Milk River?? WOW Awesome Kyle, Good Luck bud.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

Well opening day could not have come fast enough, but I wish it could have ended better. I MISSED OK!!! GET OFF MY BACK ALREADY!!! Yea it was a bad deal, but I am going to go ahead and blame it on technical difficulties. I set up in a blind off of a bean field with a quail buffer in front of me. I get in the blind and find out it was going to be a hell of a time trying to get my bow back, this is the first time I hunted this blind before. So I try and stretch it out a little and I was able to a little bit. At 4:30 a big doe came running in and goes in the woods 10 yds. down. I didn't see her until she was 20 yds. away and it happened so fast. The doe wasn't spooked or anything, so I thought that was pretty weird. Then at about 5:45 the same doe came out the same place she went in to the left of me at 10 yards. It caught me off guard a little but I was able to get my bow up and ready for the shot. As I was pulling back, my bow hit the blind and I was not able to pull back. The doe heard and saw me so she jumped out to 30 yds. in front of me. I tried again to pull back my bow and this time my bow hit the front of the blind but I kept pulling. When I finally got my bow back my elbow was hitting the back of the blind, and my bow was caught up in the front. To move my bow I had to stretch out the blind and the whole while the doe was looking right at me. As soon as I had my pin on her I let the arrow go. I guess I shot a little to high, plus the doe jumped my string. This obviously caused my arrow to go right over her. I know it was a very poor hunt on my part and I have never done anything like this since my first year hunting. Don't worry the blind is getting switched out with a bigger one, and hopefully nothing like this will happen again. The bright side though is that I missed her and didn't wound her, and it was on opening day. I have plenty of time to make up for it. I honestly thought the size of the blind wasn't going to be a problem, I thought I had enough room to shoot. O yea, sorry for the long read.

Quick Reply: Official Team The Horse Tamers Thread (14)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.