Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20) >

Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Community

Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Old 10-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Nice doe Willie! She looks like a big bodied sucker. John, that is one heck of a buck man. You'll get your crack at him sooner or later. Can't wait to see what he scores. I went out yesterday evening and had two young does hanging out under my stand all evening eating percimons. It was a good sit, but no buck activity yet.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I head out first thing in the morning for my hunt in McAlester. The weather is going to be perfect. Low's in the 40's highs in the 60's light wind from the North switching to the East. Bluebird skies. We checkin tomorrow morning and then we get tomorrow afternoon to scout and hang stands and set upground blinds and the hunting starts Friday morning. I've got a spot already picked to scout first.I good friend of mine hunted this spot two years ago, and shot a really nice 128" P&Y eight point. He says it should be loaded with percimmons and that when he was in there it was just tore up with sign. If it doesn't look good, I'll try a big oak flat that's nearby. Hopefully it'll produce. I'll try to give you all a headsup if I have any success by posting from my blackberry. Good luck to the rest of you.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Spike

Cool,,,,,,,Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

The weather tooka turn for the better around here last night. We had a clod front come thru and the temp this morning is 46*. That feels more like hunting weather than the 65-70 it had been in the mornings.

That should help the deer movement.

Good luck out there Team, lets get some more points on the board.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:21 AM
Spike

Been 80's here,,,, Saturday suppose to be in the 50's for a high,,,bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 03:13 PM
Typical Buck

It feels alot better here.I'm seeing bucks,but no shooters.My returned home from work today,to find his 3D deer target in pieces in the yard.It gets attacked severial times each fall.He's gonna put a trail cam on it for the next round.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who's hunting this weekend???

I'll be at my farm all weekend, so no posts till Sunday night. Unless I get the big guy. Then I'll be home and posting pics. But you will probably hear my yahooo without the internet!!
Old 10-18-2008, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

(Saturday Post)I hunted Friday and Saturday but will be leaving Sunday to Louisiana for work till the next weekend.

Friday I finally seen some bucks.. Seen four all togeather but three of the four were six points and smaller.. One was a nice
deer but he never stood still long enough for a shot until it got dark.. lol

Weather is better this weekend anyway. Hopefully it stays ok from here on out...

(Sunday Post) I hunted this morning. Seen a button buck with his mommy and passed on them both. Then had a six pointer that was past his ears but I just watched him walk around for about 20 minutes. He was grunting most of the time.
I think he smelled where I walked in, he followed my steps all the way to my climbing sticks.. He didn't seem to care and never spooked but it was neat watching him, a cool 6 but not what I wanted.. Still looking..
Well I'm off for the airport, won't get to hunt again till next weekend.. Good Luck Guys!
Old 10-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

It's much cooler here,but the winds are changing directions every few minutes.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, unfortunatly I wasn't able to connect onanything this past weekend on my hunt. I had a great time though and the weather was great. We hunted a spot that had produced for some of my buddies in the past but this year they just weren't in there like they had been in the past. Once you picked a spot you couldn't move your vehicle, so we ended up hiking like 1 1/2 miles from out truck to a food plot we could see from a topo map. There was good sign on the field edge. My little bro set up in a cedar that was surrounded by several scrapes and a couple of good rubs. He had some small bucks around him the first evening but nothing he wanted to shoot. I hunted a good trail that entered the food plot about 80 yards off the field. I had a doe and a yearling come by the first evening and I attempted a shot at the doe, but she was really nervous with the swirling wind and I missed the shot. Never had an opportunity at anything with antlers. I did see a couple of nice bucks off in the distance right at dark but they were on the other end of the field.It was a good time nevertheless. We met a couple of other guys that jumped in with us and they were real good guys. I enjoyed visiting with them and sharing old hunting stories with them over the weekend. We all hunted hard and had a good time doing it. One of the guys that we met and hunted with scored on a doe the first evening. That was the only deer we took out of the woods, but another hunter that wasn't far from us put the smack down on this guy!! Good luck to the rest of you!

Quick Reply: Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.