Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20) >

Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Community

Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Old 01-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Igot another l buck on 12/29. I shot him for the meat, had a very bad limp and 1 foot was as big as a softball. His left side goes right over his nose. I thought it was hanging by the skin but his skull had already healed like that. Apparently, he has had a rough life lol. I found a 5" piece of carbon arrow in his spine just above his vitals. I saw him walking about 60 yards in front of me, I used the primos can and he came straight in.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chip, that is one unique buck! Congrats!

I'd do a euro mount on the skull if I was you. That's pretty cool.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well my season is officially over I guess. Season closes Thursday but I am working all week.
I really gave her a run for the money. I seen a lot of deer and a lot of bucks this weekend. I jumped a great big
buck on the way to stand Saturday am about an hour before daylight. Sunday night I seen a 4 point, a half rack and
a really nice 8 point. As luck would have it the only one I didn't have a shot at was the nice 8, he was about the size
of the deer I already shot this year already anyway, will be really nice next year.
Seen does this morning along with turkeys and right at dark another nice buck but it was too dark to shoot.. So there
it ends.. Was a good year overall though, can't wait for the next one.. Added a new property as well, should be fun in 09!

Next..... Coyotes!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm done too, I could go out with the ML this afternoon and shoot a doe. But I guess I'll just stay home and watch the football games.

Anybody still out hunting for their buck. I've been seeing more deer in the last 3 weeks than I have in a while. They seem to be bunched up for the winter. Coming in to food plots early lately.

Looks like we still have 2 bucks down that haven't been entered. Rickey I think you need to put our team # in your entry post. Rob is good but he may need a little help there. And I guess Wash is a lost cause, he logs on once in a while but hasn't posted since 12/9/2008.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

I'm done.

My Dad and Uncle got 2 does this past weekend during the antlerless season.

My total comes to a whooping 0.

2 Does with my bow, and 1 125" dude with my gun.[:@]

Fun year, though!
Old 01-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, it's over here in Oklahoma for another 9 1/2 months. I really enjoyed being on this team. I enter the contest every year, but this year has been my favorite. Not because I killed a buck, but mostly because of the success of the rest of you. I really liked reading each of your accounts of the hunts throughout the season, not just the successful ones, all of them. You know, as it's been said before, and certainly will be again, the success of a hunt isn't measured by whether or not you put your tag on an animal, it's measured by the memories you made while you were out there and we all made some memories this year didn't we. Too bad we can't have the same team next year causeI think we'd definitely take'em.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: John Deer

Well guys, it's over here in Oklahoma for another 9 1/2 months. I really enjoyed being on this team. I enter the contest every year, but this year has been my favorite. Not because I killed a buck, but mostly because of the success of the rest of you. I really liked reading each of your accounts of the hunts throughout the season, not just the successful ones, all of them. You know, as it's been said before, and certainly will be again, the success of a hunt isn't measured by whether or not you put your tag on an animal, it's measured by the memories you made while you were out there and we all made some memories this year didn't we. Too bad we can't have the same team next year causeI think we'd definitely take'em.
Yeah, we got the# of deer needed, but they just didn't have enough bone on their heads to measure up.

Aside from our deserter we had a great group of guys on the team this year. And some pretty good hunters too. Congrats to all of you and lets stay in touch now and then.