Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20) >

Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Community

Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Old 09-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Glad to hear that Dan. I'll be out for the opener tomorrow morning. It's supposed to be a great morning. Temp in the 40's here and a light wind out of the North which is good for my stand location. I haven't been out near as much this preseason as I have in the past but I did put in a hunting plot three weeks back and went back to check it and I found alot of tracks in the plot and one set of giant deep tracks that went right under my setup. Hopefully, I'll see who made them tomorrow morning. Good luck John on your opener and good luck to the rest of you guys!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know if i'll be out this week at all.

Brewers made the post season so I have to watch the games.

This weekend is opening day of duck hunting so I'll be doing that, then next Wednesday I leave for Wyoming.

Thats ok, it's early and I have a buck down, just want a doe now.

Good luck everybody.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok I threw the score up. So it's official, we are on the board.

Had a buddy measure the rack again he came up with 49 2/8. So a little different than my original score but he's scored more bucks than I have so I trust him.

Here are the measurements.
Left Right
MB:3 3/8 MB:11 1/8
G1: 2 2/8G1:2 2/8
H1: 3 7/8 H1:2 4/8
H2: 3 7/8 H2:2 4/8
H3: 3 7/8 H3:2 1/8
H4: 3 7/8 H4:2 1/8
21 1/8 22 5/8

Inside Spread: 5 4/8

Total: 49 2/8

And heres a pic of the "beast".

Old 10-01-2008, 08:55 AM
Spike

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice picture too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:52 AM

Congrats bud!

Way to get the team on the board!

Good luck to everyone still out there.

I'm stuck waiting until November 20th now. And the way the geese are already heading south around here, its going to be a cold one this year.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats,very nice picture.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats
Old 10-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I went out yesterday for the Oklahoma opener and didn't see a deer. It seemed like a great morning, cool temps, very light wind, and lots of other wildlife was moving. Yet, I didn't see a deer. Just one of those mornings. Nevertheless, I enjoyed every minute of it. I always enjoy that first time back on stand every year. It feels extremely comforting just to be there. I don't know any other way to explain it.
Anyway, went back out for the evening hunt on a different property. I was trying to make my way across the corner of a field to get to a draw that runs between two big hill to hang my stand for the evening hunt. Just as I was about half way across the corner, I spotted a deer running approx 250 yards away. It must have been bedded on the other end of the field in the fenceline that disects the property from the neighbors property. Anyway, I immediatly dropped to my knees and began to glass the deer with my binos. Just then I see another, then another, and they are a couple of Monsters!!! The wind was perfect but they must have seen me. They cut across the neighbors field and up the hill out of sight. I was upset with myself for cutting the corner of the field and leaving myself vulnerable to being seen. I couldn't believe that these deer were bedded in that thin treeline out between two wide open fields. Nevertheless, that's just where they were and I got busted. Didn't see another deer the rest of the evening. Hopefully with no hunting pressure for a few days, they'll bed there again and just maybe I'll get another crack at one of them.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Chris.

Hopefully one of those big boys comes past ya just itchin" to get an arrow threw their ribcage.

Im heading out in half and hour.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, I'm back fron the first 2 days of the IL season. Saw a bunch of deer just nothing I wanted to shoot. It was gonna be a HOLY COW buck these 2 days or nothing. But I learned a lot just watching the deer I did see.

I saw a doe and 2 young ones opening morning. Then in the afternoon I sat over one of my food plots that have been getting hammered. It is Biologic Hot Spot with a wheat strip along side. The first deer came out at 2:55, a 2 year old 10 point . He made a scrape across the feild from me and walked back into the woods. Then a doe with a fawn and 2 yearling bucks come out and feed my way. They got to within 30 yards and the wind switched and they took off. After that another doe with 2 fawns fed to within 40 yards and decided to go on across the field. 2 more does came out but got spooked by a coyote in the field.

At the other end of the field I could more deer out in my other wheat plot at least 4 over there. Altogether I saw 15 deer that night.

This morning I went back out and saw 2 turkeys. No shots.

Then tonight I moved to where 7 of the deercame out last night. They decided to use the 2nd ridge down tonight. I saw 4 or 5 head into the plot. And another couple came thru the field from another direction.

This weekend I may start to thin the doe population if they cooperate.

Quick Reply: Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.