Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20) >

Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Community

Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Old 09-26-2008, 05:44 PM

Default RE: Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Cant wait guys only hours now till i can hunt ill keep you posted and let yall know what goes on tomorrow
Old 09-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck tomorrow Rickey.

I'll be hunting around home in the mornings this weekend. It's too damn hot to hunt the afternoons right now, 84* today. Supposed to cool off midweek. Just in time for the IL opener on Wednesday.

I already told em at work I won't be there on Wed. maybe not Thursday or Friday either. Wait and see whats happening in the woods to make a deciasion about that.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

No hunting for me today.I had to work today and it is way to hot and humid out.I don't want to educate them.I actually came home and got ready to go.As soon as I steped outside,I knew it would be a mistake.It's a long season.They are calling for thunderstorms.Hopefully that will cool things down some.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to all hunting in the morning.

I'll be out aswell going for a slickhead.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your buck. We have a couple half rack bucks running around that the farmer wants taken if seen this year so I completely agree with your decision on the managment of that buck.. Not to mention it's still meat in the freezer..

My season opens Wed. I will not be hunting until the weekend though. I actually just got home today from New Orleans and have to go back toward the end of Oct.[:'(]... It's a bunch of training stuff for work, but it's gotta be done.....

I hoping my luck improves once season opens, I have seen some good deer a couple times so I'm hopefull... The corn is still standing so I know which stand I'm sitting in as long as that north wind hangs in there..
No pics though from the trail camera. Found out my overpriced No Flash Cuddeback had not been writing images to memory.. So I really didn't get any pics of what's in the area.. Camera is on it's way back to be repaired..

Anyway.. Come on Oct. 1st!!!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

Six does last night,no horn.My brother saw one of the big boys feeding right before dark at an apple tree.He's going to attempt to hunt it tonight.He'll screw it up.He does not watch his scent or the wind.I would also predict that he will try it from the ground and not use his climber.You can tell him but he never listens.He also never kills any deer.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunted a spot for the first time this year last night.

Not much action until about 6:15 when a deer blew 50 yards away from me, then 2 mins later it blew again but I couldn't see it (I was hunting off the ground). So I grabbed my Can Call and tipped it about 3 times. Within a minute a doe fawn peaks her head out of some catails at 35 yards. She then walks strait at me until she got to roughly15 yards and stopped at stared directly at me. Did this for about 10 mins, the whole time had her head in the air but couldn't quite get my wind. Then the ma blew back in the same direction I first heard the deer, the fawn did a complete 180 and walked back to her.

It was cool to have a deer at eye level that close. The ticker was sure beating.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like everyone is getting the fever!!!

Who knows the the next 3 months will bring. Remember, take pictures!

Well done on the buck, bro!
Old 09-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's almost time for opening day #2. Wednesday the IL season opens up. I will be up in a stand on my property well before daylight. Not sure which one yet. I was up there this weekend snooping around a little. There are way more acorns than I thought there was gonna be. They are just starting drop pretty good. That changes things as far as which stand I will be in. With this cold front blowing thru tonight and the nighttime temps supposed to be in the low 40's. I am pumped up for this one. It will be the first time deer hunting on my new property.

Not sure I really want to shoot a doe early if the opportunity is there. I really want to kinda take inventory of what is walking around before I stir things up by shooting one.

I won't be sleeping much tomorrow night.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:20 PM

I'm back in the game, gents.

28".
73#.
442.7grain arrow.

288.8 fps.
82.01ft/lbs of KE.

Quick Reply: Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.