Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Shoulder Shock Thread (5) >

Official Team Shoulder Shock Thread (5)

Community

Official Team Shoulder Shock Thread (5)

Old 09-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 5 Thread

Congrats guys. My season is looking better, gained some new ground and one piece that I thought I had lost. My sons bow is back from limb change, upped his poundage. He's shooting great and looking forward to whacking one. My season comes in this coming Saturday. Good luck to all and please make sure that you keep checking in, even just a hey, at least we know that you're still in.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowfishing Addiction, congrats on your bear as well! Any pics of it?

I would absolutely love to go bear hunting sometime and I'm hoping that I may find a way to do it while going to school in NH. I went twice in PA with a rifle, but those odds aren't very good at all.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

congrats on the bears guys, My season is opening on the 15th. I haven't been seeing as much as I thought I would since the temp has dropped a bit lately. But anyway good luck to all this season.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Shoulder Shock Thread (5)

Contrats Bowfishing Addictionon a great bear hunt. Any bear one chooses to harvest is a trophy. Just ask my son who got this first bear last year that weighed in at just over 100 lbs.

Nice job defending yourself. I think I'll try my next bear hunt with my bow but I'll take your lead and pick up a pistol for comfort.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:37 PM

I do have some pics I will just have to figure out how to get them on here. Our bow season opens the saturday. The hoyt had its first taste of huntingfor theyear with the bear and is itching for more. Other than that I have been out shooting geese everyday but come this weekend til the end of bow season I will be in a tree stand every chance I get
Old 09-12-2008, 10:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Bowfishing Addiction

I got my bear too. Got her saturday night. Sent a muzzy from the hoyt and she tipped over within 40 yards. Not a monster but she went about 225 or so. I couldn't be any more happy even if I got a 500 pounder. My baits stopped getting hit 3 days before the season and this was the only bear i saw. I watched her for over an hour before she made it to the bait. She decided to climb up the tree with me too. She made it up about 10 feet and I pulled the pistol and thought I was going to have to take her with that
Cool hunt and congrats! I would love a chance to hunt bear although i have not a clue how to size them up. Two more weeks til bow season opens here. Once it opens I will be on here a bit more. Until then I wish you all the best of luck!
Old 09-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys tomorrow is opening day of season for me. The temperature is going to be in the seventies. I just got permission to hunt a new quarter section that has been holding a few whitetails. Good Luck to everyone.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

My season opened today, but the thermo says 87...so I'm gonna stay in and do my homework so I can hunt when it cools down.

Hopefully tomorrow...
Old 09-16-2008, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

My season opened with 90 degree temps and me with a cold.[:@] Then just to add icing to the cake, my starter went out in my truck[:@][:@]
But a cold front has moved in and temps are in the 70's, so I may try and get out one evening this week. Good luck and congrats to our team members that have already scored, at least on bears.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

Finally got around to figuring out how to post pictures so here goes. This is the bear two days before season coming in for some donuts:

Here's the resulting bear harvested. Was too heavy to move around for a better picture so this is the best one I've got without a lot of blood:

Sort of hard to size up so here's a final picture with my trusty baiting companion Luke. He stayed around for the photo and then disappeared back a quarter mile to the vehicle. Didn't want anything to do with the bear.

Now I'm ready for deer season since the bears finally in the freezer.

Gerry

Quick Reply: Official Team Shoulder Shock Thread (5)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.