Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Community

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 09-03-2008, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Tree Sharks (2) Thread

I see team 2 hangs out on the team 37 thread full time now, what the deal??!!
Old 09-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm back and forth in both. They are too chicken to come into here so we have to give chase. When did you say your season starts Adam?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have to laugh. I haven't been online for a couple days but I could not resist the urge to pop in and see how you guys were doing. We are now on page 30-something and there still are mascot joke flying around.... Hunting season cannot come fast enough!

I have two weeks to go from this Saturday for our early doe-only opener to start. I hope to take one of my little guys out with me. He had a blast last year hunting out of a ground blind last year. I was fortunate enough to take a doe on the third trip out. He truly is hooked!
Old 09-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Frank,

When did they start the early doe? I stopped hunting in PA a few years ago when I spent a week in the woods and saw nothing in an area where i used to see deer every day. That's great about your son. get them started early.

By the way. My bino should be here tomorrow. i may take them to the local Basspro and compare them to the Nikons.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

I'm back and forth in both. They are too chicken to come into here so we have to give chase. When did you say your season starts Adam?
October 1 but I have lots of fishing and waterfowl hunting to do til then!
Old 09-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

Frank,

When did they start the early doe? I stopped hunting in PA a few years ago when I spent a week in the woods and saw nothing in an area where i used to see deer every day. That's great about your son. get them started early.

By the way. My bino should be here tomorrow. i may take them to the local Basspro and compare them to the Nikons.
Dave,

WMU 5C (mostly special regs) had an early doe season put in place last year. The GC expanded 5C this year to now encompass the area I hunt most of the time. It should be interesting as I wonder how many guys will head out when bucks aren't allowed to be harvested.

Good deal on the bins. Let me know what you think. I ordered a pair of Alpha Extremes yesterday but couldn't resist a pair of Nikon SEs that just went up for sale this morning. I cannot wait for either to come in. Also, I posted a little thread on the Promaster model I mentioned in the optics forum.

Logan, my oldest, is alot of fun to have along hunting. I never knew that there could be a greater sense of satisfaction than harvesting a mature whitetail. Just having my son along gives me a great sense of pride. Once he eventually takes an animal I know I will be bustin' at the seams.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Carpmaster

October 1 but I have lots of fishing and waterfowl hunting to do til then!
October 18 startsteal season here. I'm planning to hunt Sat morning for ducks, afternoon for deer, night fish for Striper/Rock, Sunday hunt for deer. they jut put in some Sunday hunts last year and have expanded it this year on private land only.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

This may teach me a lesson about not stepping up on binos. They were around $200 though so they couldn't be that bad and I'll find out tomorrow or the next day when they arrive. the Alphas look nice. The Nikons are probably awesome. Do you usiually by 7X, 8X or 10X or a combination? I'll keep you posted.

I bet that was excisting. I know my dad used to enjoy just sitting with me in the woods my first year. He went nuts when I shot my first squirrel. He may have been more excited then I was. At the rate I'm going in my life I'll be in my 50's before i have a child that I can take hunting.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:13 PM

Sorry guys, haven't made it out yet (waiting for a return phone call from a farmer on a new spot for permission). My "hot spot" has really died down as the soybeans have ripened, and I'm re-grouping - pulled the stand and camera last night. This past weekend, the family went camping and my wife has something this upcoming weekend that she planned a while back so I've got Dad-duty with the 4 and 1 year old this weekend (at least there will be football to watch in between Hannah Montana episodes). Slim chance that if I hear back from the farmer I'll get out this week, but it may be a while before I get out.

My buddy got this beauty opening day: 164" gross, 152" net. He shot him on the farm we rifle hunt (and I also bowhunt but it's 80 miles away so I do more bowhunting closer to home, although I hung a new stand out there last week to try to get at a 145ish deer that I've been patterning)

Old 09-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hannah Montana is like the singing version of Mary Kate and Ashley for all the teenagers. That sentence made me paugh though.

Hope you get a chance to get out.

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.