Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 09-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Tree Sharks (2) Thread

Man!! Deadstik's buddy sure got a nice one!!! Congrats to him!!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Holy smack that is a nice buck! I would love just to see that class of animal.

This may teach me a lesson about not stepping up on binos. They were around $200 though so they couldn't be that bad and I'll find out tomorrow or the next day when they arrive. the Alphas look nice. The Nikons are probably awesome. Do you usiually by 7X, 8X or 10X or a combination? I'll keep you posted.
I prefer the lower magnifications for my style of hunting. Anything more than 8x actually hurts me for the environment I hunt in. An 8x32 or 8x42 is probably the best bet for most folks though I have found several 7x42 and 6x32s that are also excellent.

What happened to you guys? Our thread was on the bottom of the second page and another team has a page more posts than us!

Slackers.....

Old 09-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Besides hunting bow here i hunt rifle on the eastern shore. There have been plety of times were the 10X will come in handy. I'll just have to see how they are in the thicker stuff here.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Oh, I definitely think 10x has its uses. I always am in the process of reevaluating my opinion of some of those out there. For example, Cabelas screwed up my order. Remember my saying I was ordering an 8x42 Alpha Extreme? Well, I received email verification of shipment...they sent the 10x42s. I will give them a fair shake but the smaller exit pupil and smaller true field of view usually turn me off fairly quickly.

Still...I love it when the UPS truck rolls up to my front door.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to try out the 10X's and if they are too much I'll go with the 8X's. I looked at both magnifications in the Nikons and was comfortable with either one but that was in the X34 or 36models. they are not supposed to be in until tomorrow. Just in time for scouting and such this weekend.

Yesterday UPS dropped off my SKB Parallel limb double bow case! Heard a noise at more door and poof it was there.Bowhunter's Superstore had them for $193 + shipping. Normally $235 plus. I placed the order Sunday and called them Tuesday and the womanI talked to said they'd be out the door Wednesday. I expected to get it today. Every timeI order something from themI get it in a day or 2 with standard shipping. I remember when they were Bowhunter's Warehouse. Got my HSS Pro Mesh last year for $89 when they were $140 everywhere else. They always have secret reductions on an item before season that will show up on ebay.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

That is a great buck your buddy got!

I'll get out and chase some tree rats and scout a new area of public land maybe this weekend.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

MMMmmmmmm......Tree rat...I hate cleaning them...
Old 09-05-2008, 06:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm going to try out the 10X's and if they are too much I'll go with the 8X's. I looked at both magnifications in the Nikons and was comfortable with either one but that was in the X34 or 36models. they are not supposed to be in until tomorrow. Just in time for scouting and such this weekend.
Dave,

Mine showed up yesterday. Sadly, they are very poor optically and mechanically. They appear to have both an alignment issue and a diopter issue. I called customer service yesterday and they said I could take them back to the retail store if I want for a refund or exchange. Guess I am going to have to head out this afternoon for a bit....twist my arm, why don't ya.

Good deal on that bowcase. I should pick one up myself. I have a few bows that need to be put in a case instead of hanging on the wall.

Thanks for the tip.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Frank,

Did they say they think it is just the pair you got? That's wired that they said you have to take them back to a store for the refund. They didn't tell you you could ship them back? I guess I'll find out when mine gets here today. That's always the concern with ordering a pair without looking at them. If you get a chance look at the Pine Ridge and tell me your opinion.

How far are you from the Cabela's? I'm hoping to make a trip up there early next year for a weekend to check the place out.

You're welcome about the case. The price is hard to pass up.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Tree Tunas (2) Thread

Hey dudes ...... miss me?

I thought I would class up your thread with my avatar

I will pay dstubb the $ for a new avatar for you if you guys will switch your Charlie Tuna From Transylvania one[:'(] .....[:-]

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.