Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 09-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Tree Sharks (2) Thread

No luck this AM. However, my buddy got a fat doe. He uses Slicktricks and man do they make a weird noise when they hit a deer.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Carpmaster
Geez man sorry our kings are sub par!![8D] At least we have some damn fish I could live somewhere gay like Indiana or worse fishing wise Oklahoma!
Just bustin' ur nuts there Adam. It's not your fault that all those kings have to eat are mercury laden alewives. Hey don't nock IN and OK there's great bass fishing there! (I just said "great bass fishing"!)Now that's funny stuff!!!

So Dave, what'd he hit that made a funny sound on that doe?
Old 09-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

No luck this AM. However, my buddy got a fat doe. He uses Slicktricks and man do they make a weird noise when they hit a deer.
After putting mine on last weekend the sound had to be the trick goin' to eat on whatever is in its way!
Old 09-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

Geez man sorry our kings are sub par!![8D] At least we have some damn fish I could live somewhere gay like Indiana or worse fishing wise Oklahoma!
Just bustin' ur nuts there Adam. It's not your fault that all those kings have to eat are mercury laden alewives. Hey don't nock IN and OK there's great bass fishing there! (I just said "great bass fishing"!)Now that's funny stuff!!!

So Dave, what'd he hit that made a funny sound on that doe?
The mercury gives me character! We eat the things all of the time, nothing is healthy anymore, but I bet the chemicals in the kings is greatly reduced to what it was 15 years ago pre zebra mussel invasion....took a pretty ripe on today for the smoker as a matter of fact!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Best wishes to a speedy recovery!!!
Man, seems like it's always something simple that gets you. You survive days on deck running 50# blocks of frozen bait through a chopper and cut your finger in the galley making a sandwich. At least you didn't fall out of a tree! Take it easy now and be ready for November. And stay vigilant in the backyard... you never know when lady luck may pay you a visit.
Thanks for the well wishes guys. I decided not to head out Saturday for the doe opener as my foot was throbbin' after the surgery. I am going to try to give it a go tomorrow afternoon with my oldest son. If I get something I will be sure to post it.

Frank
Old 09-22-2008, 10:53 AM

Just checking in, heading to Chicago tomorrow for work for the rest of the week - might be a while before I can get out (can't believe how fast the summer went, I'm actually going to a HOCKEY game tomorrow - geez).
Old 09-22-2008, 12:41 PM

Got to head out and put in a good days hunt on Saturday. Saw a ton of deer through out the day. Only saw 1 shooter buck about 100 yards out in a been field field in the AM. Passed up some shots on some dinks and yearling does.

Finally in the evening a momma doegave me a shot opportunity I couldn't pass up, 8 yards broadside feeding right below my tree. Decided to put some more meat in the freezer, made a good shot and she piled up about 80 yards from my tree. I now have 2 archery bucks tags in my pocket so it's basically buck hunting for me from here on out.

Here is a pic of the doe I got Saturday evening.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:27 PM

Wow, she's got a big noggin! Nice work.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice mature doe!!! We have quite the team of killers so far!!
Old 09-22-2008, 06:17 PM

Nice mature doe!!! We have quite the team of killers so far!!
And yet the board is still empty...[&:]

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.