Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official America's Team Thread (19) >

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Community

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 11-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

I don't think we can pick anyone. I also think everyone has been checking in at some point over the last month.

Rick that would be pretty cool to see that many. This was the 2nd fox I have ever seen while hunting. The other was during a gun season and he was a long ways out. This one ran around my stand and when she stopped on a log at 43 yards I had to take the shot. Gonna get it tanned up and either hang it on the wall like that or make a rug for the wall. A had would be cool but I don't think I will do that as I don't know when I would wear it other than a Packer game.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Fork Horn

Hello Gang,

I am down to my last weekend. All the leaves are off the trees and I figured out why the beautiful deer I saw all summer are nowhere to be found. Within 60 yrds of my treestand in any direction I found 3 other treestands hung. They were well hidden when I set my stand up. Who ever expected, when I got permission for me and my wife to huntonly one other person had permission. and I knew him and where his stand was. I showed him the picks of the deer I had on the camera and wham I find out he bought another stand and hung it right behind mine. When I was hunting in NY I got a phone call that he shot and lost an 8 pt one day and then shot a six pt the next day. the gut pile from the 6 pt was 35 yrds from my stand. Lesson learned NEVER SHARE HUNTING INFO!
Old 11-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a day! This morning I saw Heavy B, Mr Mister, and a new buck going into the deer sanctuary from the West. Winds were so blustery I couldn't call any of them to me. This afternoon, while the rain was coming down, I called a buck into a preacher I was hunting with and he missed. Then the buck came my direction but wouldn't take the one last step I needed for a shot. The buck this afternoon had a spread that was really respectable. His rack surpassed his ears on both side by 6-8" and his G2's were 16 - 18". The rut is just barely starting and this weekend should be awesome!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wil,
My hunting partner DaveH has this beautiful german shepard that loves deer. Evey time we return to his house he has to check us out to see if we got anything. Anyway Dave throws him the carcass after butchering the deer and he enjoys it for days. At nite a fox comes and claims the carcuss by dragging it off not too far but as far as it can. When Apollo is let out the next morning he goes and pees where he finds the remains and drags it back. This goes on for days, funny. I had a fox come by my stand a few days ago and returns back with another one hot on it's tail chashing it down through the woods. The one doing the chashing comes back alone with it's tongue draging the ground. They are fun to watch and like I say we have an over abundance of them.
AF, you got to close the deal buddy, enough of this getting close. I say you score by next weekend.
BTW, did I miss weather the interviews produced a job or not and are you receiving your Pension money yet?
Old 11-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had an interview yesterday and have another tomorrow. Still don't have the whole pension deal worked out. Now they say I need to provide all my orders and enlistment papers to prove I was on active duty all that time. I don't know what the heck is going on, but it's getting real OLD (older than me even!). Some day, I am going to get a HUGE check. Right now they owe me another $16K.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:47 PM

Well guys I have some good news and bad news fellas. Well i hit a buck tonight. Not a monster, a 6pt with a decent spread. But I believe i hit him a bit back so i decided to back out and let him sit overnight. I shot him at 4:45 tonight it had been raining all day and the ground was very wet so finding blood as the light faded was pretty hard. I did not get a pass through, he ran off with about 7" of my arrow sticking out of him. He was quartering slightly away when I shot so Im guessing I may have caught his liver and maybe nicked a lung and hit the far leg. its about the only thing i could think of that would have stopped my 525grn arrow with 75 ft lbs of KE behind it. Hopefully he is laying not far away dead in the morning. I will be out with 2 of my friends who own the archery shop I help out at in the morning when the sun comes up. So wish me luck fellas. Hopefully I will have some good news to report tomorrow. Say a prayer that he is close by and dead.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck PA, sounds like you should find him although it might be difficult.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

good luck pa...you did the right thing, by letting him lay, i got a feeling he's dead!!
Old 11-14-2008, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alright PA, it's 9:00 in the morning there, I guess the only reason we haven't heard from you is because you have to drag that buck out of the woods....or I hope anyway.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best of luck to you PA. I hope as I am writing this you are gutting him out.

AF - Your rut is just getting started? WOW. I really just don't understand what happens out by me. I am in Richland county which is southwestern Wisconsin. Matt and I saw several bucks while he was home. All and I mean ALL of them that we saw from October 29th (and that I saw starting October 24th) were chasing does around. We came home on November 5th evening and headed back out on November 7th. We still saw bucks but not ONE was with or chasing a doe starting the 7th. Of all the does we saw from they ALL had bucks chasing them or in the area until the 5th and all of them seemed very on edge and had been running. Again starting the 7th we saw several does and they all seemed very relaxed and not one of them had a buck following them. Does anyone think that our rut could be that much early compared to others?

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.