Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official America's Team Thread (19) >

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 11-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

What do I need it for, I mean you measure and add correct? I mean I'm for getting the score right, that's for sure.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:36 PM

ATA BOY RICKSTER!!! Damn nice buck bro!! And uh........Good shot. Congrats man, and ummmm........Didn't you call that? Or did you call a doe today?
Old 11-08-2008, 01:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep. Was after the buck as I got the doe Monday. Now have to get another doe before I can shoot a 2ndbuck.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:40 PM

Well you motley crue.....I'm headed out Sunday morning for a week. I have no internet service, and extremely limited phone service. If I manage a buck on the ground, I'll drive to town and call Coop. It's been pretty dead around here lately, I've seen 2 deer in 4 days. My son was sitting in one of my stands and saw 1 doe this evening, no buck trailing. So this week should be really good.

Our firearms season opens Saturday, and I'll be in the woods then w/ my trusty Hoyt. Good luck to ya'll this week, I'll check in when I can.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck Mo. Bring back some points, we despartly need them with all these giant deer being taken out in thecenteral midwest
Old 11-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

After filling my Ohio buck tag i decided to go with my father in law to his place in Indiana last night. Right as the light was fading i decided that it was time to pack it up and climb down. As soon as i stood up this buck stepped out of a thicket at 20 yards and presented a perfect broadside shot. He only went about 70 yards and i could hear him crash. By the time i got down from my tree it was pitch black out and all i had was a little head lamp to guide me. I recovered the buck and was in the process of dragging him out when i realized that i had lost all since of direction and had no clue of which way to go. I kind of got freaked out because i couldn't get any phone service and my yells for my father in law were unanswered. So i decided to leave the deer in the middle of a dry creek bed and try to find my way out. It took about an hour to get back to my truck. After that we proceeded to head back into the woods to get this deer. For the life of us we could not find this thing, we had no idea how many dried up creek beds were out there. Finally after a couple of hours we found him and drug him at least a quarter mile back to the truck. I got home at about 1:00 a.m. last night and i am exhausted to say the least.

Anyway he would be a nice sized six point if only his other side was not all deformed.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the great buck Rick, way to put us on the board again.

Dstubb, congrats on the buck, looks like a big bodied deer too. glad you made it out the woods ok, sucks when you get mixed up outin the woods, been there done that, and its not a good feeling at all.
i always carry a compass now.

i didnt see nothing this weekend, its been real windy and snowing since yesterday afternoon. we now have about 6 inches of snow on the ground. will try and get out a couple days this week if i dont get too busy at work.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations again D. Glad it all worked out. I'll be leaving at 3:00 in the morning to finish out the week.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

well first of all looks like some congrats are due!! Rick awsome job on a great buck, Stubb congrats on another dandy of a deer. Looks like things are finally starting to pick up for america's team!!! Well I guess I will get on with the news!! It was a cold day yesterday but warmed up fast as that rage three blade pierced the heart of yet another nebraska buck!!! I shot him yesterday morning at 9:30, haven't measured him up yet but will by the end of the day and get the score posted. He looked alot taller when I let the arrow fly at 40yrds ground shrinkage definetly kicked in on this one, but none the less a pretty good deer.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go plamer...congrats on a great buck!!

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.