Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Perfect 10 Thread (32) >

Official Team Perfect 10 Thread (32)

Community

Official Team Perfect 10 Thread (32)

Old 11-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Perfect 10 Thread (32)

well guys my 2 big 8's are out of the area, havent had them on camera for a week now so they must be chasing. There is 2 monster 10 pointers though so that helps things a little bit. Also tonight i was gonna go put my trail cam at one of my stands and on the way in i was on the ATV and seena big buck run about 200 yards from my stand, so i just went and hunted that, seen a 7 pointer, and a spike, 2 other deer were behind me and when i got down they starting blowing. But oh well i guess, i have a much better chance in the late season.. Good luck all and be safe
Old 11-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Typical Buck

I have not been able to get into the woods the past couple of days due to some family being in the hospital BUT
I plan on being in the woods tomorrow and Saturday [8D]
Old 11-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

Good Luck this weekend guys.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

Not much going on this weekend, saw some does Friday and today but none offered a shot.
Will be back out Monday afternoon as long as the rain holds off.
Anyone else have any luck?
Old 11-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, I scored this weekend but it was with my smoke pole. Sorry. What is even worse isI scored him at 130 which would have really helped our cause. Being the honest and ethical hunter, I am not going to cheat and try to come up with some great story and pose in a picture with my bow.

It was 16 degrees Saturday morning and there was no way with all of theclothes I had on I could manage a bow and feel comfortable with a shot. This guy came in at 9:30 in themorning chasing a doe. He hit a scrape and continued down the path I thought he would take. I hit my can call a couple of time but could not bring him any closer. The doe took off the other direction and I had to shoot now or my shot oppertunity would be lost! He was 80 at yards when I shot, dropped him like a bag of hammers. Anyway here is a pic, headingoutto drop himoff to get mounted.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great buck dens! Bow or no bow, you should be proud of that big boy. Good work.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks VA.....he is truly a trophy and long time coming.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome Buck Dens!
Congratulations
Old 11-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

SIDEWAY'S SCORE'S
What a awesome morning to hunt today, weather was cold with a mild puff of air out of the South.
The woods were quiet and dry.
I got to my stand around 5:45am making as little noise as possible, after getting settled in I sat down and looked up to the sky, thanked the man above for being able to celebrate the moment.
About 6:40 I hear the familiar crunch of leaves behind me, not wanting to move I sat tight.
Finally the rustling got closer and was to my right, I glanced over barely twisting my neck, there he was broadside.
I had to let him take a couple more steps to pass me before I could stand up, once I stood up he stopped, my heart sank.
I thought I was busted but he was focused straight ahead, I drew but could not find the pin on my pendulim sight, he took another 3 or 4 steps, I found the pin and released.
A clean miss right over top of his back, I cussed!
He jumped and took another 5 or 6 steps and stopped, I grabbed another arrow from my quiver, he was now quartering away from me and up against the same treeline I was in about 25 yards away.
I drew, put the pin on him just in front of the stomach, I released the Carbon Express Maxima and hit him.
He ran another 20 yards and dropped.

8 points, dressed out 118lbs, Ihave no clue how to score abuck buthave a call into a friend of mine that will help.
He is by far my best buck up to now and will adorn my wall!

Vashadow, can you check and see if this photo will qualify?
The bow is there, just hard to see.
Thanks

Old 11-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

YES SIR! Alright Sideways...awesome buck. That photo is fine...you, your bow, and the buck are all in it. Congratulations man.

Here is a link to a thread on how to properly score your buck...I didn't know how to score one until this year (and I am still learning).

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2529213&mpage=1

Again, way to gut it out in the freezing cold and nail one! You should feel fantastic.

Top 5 here we come!

Quick Reply: Official Team Perfect 10 Thread (32)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.