Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Buck Luck Thread  (33) >

Official Team Buck Luck Thread (33)

Community

Official Team Buck Luck Thread (33)

Old 08-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 33 Thread

I agree, that buck would be well served w/ another year of growth... Good job gettin your son into a vest, I cant wait to take my kids out hunting!
Old 08-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also bought a life line (I believe it is called) that will allow him to stay attached the entire climb and descent. I bought a 2 man ladder stand that he will be in with me this year. He is already asking if he can shoot his bow out of it.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pops423

I also bought a life line (I believe it is called) that will allow him to stay attached the entire climb and descent. I bought a 2 man ladder stand that he will be in with me this year. He is already asking if he can shoot his bow out of it.
I will be getting the life line before my season starts Oct 1. It's funny how the mind changes once it get some age on it, when I was 14-25 I thought that I would NEVER fall from a tree, I was to "athlectic" blah blah blah. But now I know it doesn't matter, and it's the least I can do for my kids, wife, and parents.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

So true. I love bowhunting white-tails, but I love my wife and kids even more.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

ORIGINAL: Pops423

I will be getting the life line before my season starts Oct 1. It's funny how the mind changes once it get some age on it, when I was 14-25 I thought that I would NEVER fall from a tree, I was to "athlectic" blah blah blah. But now I know it doesn't matter, and it's the least I can do for my kids, wife, and parents.

Hey Dennis a buddy(MdDave) just bought himself one of those 25ft Life lines and he likes the idea, but he has done made up his mind that if he wants another one he is just going to go to an adventure sports/rock climbing type of place and get the rope from them. They will have the same stuff and at probably half the price.!!

It really aint nothing but larger diameter climbing rope for the lifeline and smaller diameter tie-off rope for the prussic knot. May be something you might wanna look into sometime???
Old 08-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck Pops...in eyes hes a shooter but if you think he will survive he will be a nice one to see what he turns into!!! Good Luck!!
Old 08-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I go back and forth on what to do. I live in a housing plan of about 20 homes that borders an old farm. There is only one other person that hunts that property but I know the bucks travels to other areas as well. There is minimal pressure so I am not sure what to do. I've gone back and forth all summer. I'd kind of like to let him grow to see what happens because I think he could be one that dreams are made of. But on the flip side...

I also know what other kinds of bucks roam back here. Check out this page when you have a few minutes. Lots of video from the past 4 years...

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/m..._tab_my_albums

The first 2 vids on the page are of this buck.

The second row, 4th video is one of my favorites of all time. He is a buck with only 3 legs.

The buck that got me started hunting back here is the very last video. A great 10 point.

The buck in the last video on the third row is one I've been after for several years now. He is also the first vid in the third row, fighting with another buck in 2006.

Enjoy
Old 08-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pops~~ Awesome vids there!! Just tell me you dont get as excited as the dog doe in the 3 legged buck vid? Haha

I had to stop and think for a second when I heard all the noise[&:], thought to myself ol pops needs to settle down!!
Old 08-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, had to calm the dog down in that one. It's funny because some of the vids have my kids talking and asking questions or I'm trying to hold them and show them the deer. But it's all fun.

I love looking out the windows. Just never know what's going to be out there.

I have a few more I realized aren't loaded. Got one of a great 9 point sleeping just after the season and a few of some coyotes.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

So what vanes are you shooting? Blazers 4" or what?

I shoot 2 orange and 1 white blazers with white arrow wraps.

Oh yeah... The roll of tape looking stuff is actually a roll of arrow wraps that you have to cut yourself.

Quick Reply: Official Team Buck Luck Thread (33)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.