Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Elowapi Thread (15) >

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Old 11-18-2008, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Wow this thread went quiet now that the PA boys are done.

Anyone else still hunting? I'll be out some friday evening and saturday morning trying to take another doe with my bow. We get to still hunt does in my unit.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

ole captain got nothin.....time to catch up on some school work...

kicking around the thought of bear hunting mon-wed next week...id have to take 2 tests friday to beable to go...or atleast hope the professors would work with me...

the non-understanding professor seen the light when he asked how many people would be in class on the opener of rifle season and i think 2-3 people said they would come if they had to...so he worked with us and gave us the day off....so im happy about that...

pines??

Ldiebol??

Bluetick??

drhntr?

you guys still hunting?? i dont know how other states run...us PA boys are done...i dont know if anyone else bowhunts after the early season...i know i wont unless i find a buck living somewhere i can bowhunt but cant get the rifle or flintlock into....doubt it happens though...

good luck guys still hunting!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

Hey rybo congrats on the buck, he's a stud!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:27 PM

Headed out tomorrow night. Will hunt a ground blind where i have seen that buck going alot. He as not come my way in some time.

Will park the car statigically topushhim over to thewest side as well. Interesting but a techinque i have used before. I park where they normally will cross and it ensures that they head up to where i will be sitting. NOw allthey will have to do is come within range!

Will be off for the 9 day gun season starting this weekend. Headed up north and giveing the local stand a rest. Then back for the late season hunting. Season here will run all the way into january.

Good luck andcongrats to all!
Old 11-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey guys, sorry for my absence but you know, the trip and all. Had to catch up when home and more.

Rybo, congrats brother on a fantastic buck. Way to go. I'm sorry I missed all the threads ect for your buck. I'm proud and happy for ya. Very nice.

I see we're up near the top, we need a few on the ground yet. I wish those hunting the best.

I got it done in IL and it's a long read if you didn't get a chance to see it in the Bowhunting forum.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks MM.

Thanks Rob, congrats again on your buck too.
Here's the thread if you want to hit it up and get me 30 more seconds of fame out of my 15 minutes
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3157438

Old 11-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

well guys sorry i aint been around VT rifle opened and im there on the weekends but im still bowhunting the weekdays seen a big 8 and didnt get a shot along with a spike and plenty of does buddie shot a 6pnter that i shot last year as a spike still had my broadhead in him to anyweays ill c if i can get it done

matt
Old 11-20-2008, 01:14 PM

Went out and had a doe run across the road an nearly miss getting hit. the buck behind her luckily did not cross and get hit. He stayed there and then some guy in a truck stopped and honked at him and he ran back where he came from. The doe came to within 9 yards. Pretty close when you are sitting on the ground burried in the brush. Then after that i had some turkies come through with in the 9 steps again. It was awesome. to bad my buck did not come though.

i am off for about 2 weeks for gun season and the end of the semester.

Good luck to all who are hunting. I will check in from time to time before late season starts.
Pines
Old 11-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Thanks MM.

Thanks Rob, congrats again on your buck too.
Here's the thread if you want to hit it up and get me 30 more seconds of fame out of my 15 minutes
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3157438
Done and I asked a question so you can answer and run it up again.

Good luck guys.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im still here guys. Wasnt able to score a buck before the rifle season. had some really close calls though. Rifle season ends next week and ill be back at it. I killed my best archery buck in December so dont count me out. Ill be hard at it till season ends january 15. Good luck to those still hunting, looks like we need at least 4 bucks to catch those damn horses.[:@]

Quick Reply: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.