Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Elowapi Thread (15) >

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Community

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Old 11-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Joey! Get yer buck score brother, word is in the bowhunting forum that Cougar Mag is on the board as well. That's 3 of us, comon team. we're close to the top if not the top.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think we're currently in 2nd. Joeys, mine and CM's bucks. Comon guys.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

yep, what Rob said....get that big buck scored Joey! I'll have mine officially entered tomorrow after I score it. I have to take a little nap because I go in tonight at work for a startup[:'(]. Besides that I am tired....lol. Its not nearly as good looking a buck as Joey's buck or Rob's buck, but it'll do. To everyone else on the team.........good luck and good huntin!
Old 11-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats Coug.
I'm hitting it hard, all day sits. Had a shooter coming in to about 50 yds and decided to cut off. Didn't pay any mind to my calls. Off to bed, 330 rolls around quick.
Good luck all who are out.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Looks like I'll be heading to IL a couple days early so good luck guys. Til then I'll do a little turkey hunting and camera work.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

awesome rybo...keep at it...thats gotta be frustrating....thats actually one thing that has yet to happen to me......knock on wood...this is only my 3rd season...only got 2 shots at bucks...im usually setup so if i see them and can ID them, they are almost always in range...

Rob, sounds like you got the rest of your vacation well occupied! good luck! looking forward to more pics and videos!!

i dont know if i'll get out tuesday or not...got a bit on my plate school wise...if i skip hunting i can study for weds test and knock a project out due friday...as well as wrap a few other things up...so i may bag tuesday and hit thursday all day again...next week looks clear thus far...if i skip tuesday i got all day Saturday, and the last saturday, and should hopefully have both tues and thurs next week...man, only 4 more days????!?! this season flew by.....
Old 11-03-2008, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Rob and Coug! Way to go guys!

Good to hear you're all having some close encounters... it's just a matter of time! It's been pretty warm here, but it's supposed to cool down on Thursday. I think the Rut should be rocking this weekend.

I'll get my buckscored asap.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: kshunter

Congrats Rob and Coug! Way to go guys!

Good to hear you're all having some close encounters... it's just a matter of time! It's been pretty warm here, but it's supposed to cool down on Thursday. I think the Rut should be rocking this weekend.

I'll get my buckscored asap.
Thanks Joey and I look forward to the footage. Please let us know when it's available.

We're contenders. Good luck guys.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

well, captain gotta take all of tomorrow off...i studied A LOT of the wrong material for a quiz and have to retake it with most of the class wed. atleast i have a half valid excuse for failing it lol. average was 50..i got like a 55 lol...so that aint bad but its A LOT to study....and i need a B or better to go on with the program next semester...so im not gunna risk it...gotta stay in and study...

that gives me 5 days of hunting left....hopefully the temps drop....and hopefully theres no washout days that i need to be out there...saturday looks promising...looks like the temps drop and maybe some showers...i'll deal with showers...thursday looks real warm so i'll hunt here at school...if its cooler next week, i'll drive home and hunt tues and thurs(and will hunt at home both saturdays)

anything can happen in those 5 days i got left...ANYTHING.

i really havent had a shot at a legal buck all season....i guess when i first seen the half rack i MIGHT have had a chance at a shot...but i never did look at my pins when i first seen him...just know when he was under me and i hit full draw i couldnt see much of anything...kind of an odd year for "the honey hole" seems i got a bumped crop of younguns up there this year...usually it hold 1 or 2 shooters if not more...but theres a fair bit of shooters around...thats why i love that spot...im pretty much always seeing different deer. i dont know that ive ever seen the same deer more than once in there...just seems alot of deer filter through the area...i just gotta be there the right day and right time when a goodun comes through...
Old 11-04-2008, 09:57 AM

Congrats guys!!!!

Well i will be out hunting tom. night and then the weekend. Waiting for the corn to come down. Have tried calling and rattling and have gotten a button buck to come in over 4 times now. Still waiting on the big 8 that i saw right at close a few weeks ago. Should be better once this warm front moves through.

Keep up the good work!!!!

Pines

Quick Reply: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.