Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Elowapi Thread (15) >

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Community

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Old 10-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

sounds good pines!! good luck!! keep us posted!!

rybo, the wind is killin me too...when ive got out this past week or so....

....i knew that rain would keep most everyone out of the woods this morning....it did clear out for the evening...but id venture to imagine that most of the "weekend warriors" found better things to do for the day than chase around the few does that are left with their smoke poles...

im all sorts of pumped up right now....last day or training is tomorrow(for now...not for good) i THINK i got a good spot and plan at school and hopefully 2-3 days to hunt it this week....and finally get to hunt at home this weekend finally!! i sure hope that 4pt half rack doesnt walts on through....id like to hold out....but dont know if i can pass a 2.5yo twice...id just rather kill a 2.5yo with my bow than any deer with my rifle....i'll try to hold out...i really want to...its just gunna be hard...i know if he had both sides i wouldnt think about it....which makes my gut say "quit bein picky and greedy and choosy" but then the other side says WAIT, hold out, the seeking and chasing is gunna fire up...i got a couple spots that seem promising for that time of year, and i dont LEARN by shooting...i'll try my best to hold out...but i might...it will be a trophy to ME and a sense of an accomplishment...we'll see....maybe he wont even come back through

also pumped because i was at training today and my phone rang....

this guy is DONE!!!

quickly seen the taxidermists name (yes hes programmed into my cell! lol) so i had the time and answered...hes done but gotta dry....so hopefully friday or sunday i can pick him up!!! he said hes drying good and quickly so it aughta be ready to go!! (i know some of you may look at him and wonder why on earth someone would mount a buck that size....he was my first bowkill...and my 3rd buck..and my largest...just felt "right" to me...he will always be special to me...no regrets what so ever...im pumped to get him back!!)
Old 10-25-2008, 06:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Slim picking here guys. I'm just seeing the bucks I know are there. I work the next 4 days and will hunt evenings then I'm off from Wed night through Nov 16th.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing while in stand tonight, saw a nice buck & 3 does cruise past while I was getting dressed at the truck. Wind was dead wrong for me to hunt that side of the road. I thought i might at least be able to pick off one more doe before this week(where I'm going to be REAL hesitant to shoot one now)
I'll be hunting ohio in the morning, hopefully I'll see something over there.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't hunt at all Friday night or today. I spent time with my fiance, and we had a good time. Rybo, speaking of Ohio, can you say PSU?? LOL what a game. I bet buckeye is fuming
Old 10-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea but too bad they are going to go undefeated and finish 3rd.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Yea but too bad they are going to go undefeated and finish 3rd.
Eh, it's ok if that's what happens. I just wanted them to seal the big ten (which as long as they stay healthy they will), and get a perfect season. The BCS is so messed up, I wouldn't expect them in it anyways. I was just tired of people saying PSU was so much worse than OSU. Texas isn't out of the woods yet, either...TT plays like they did this week, and Texas will fall.

Anyways, how did you make out today?
Old 10-27-2008, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I didn’t see a deer all weekend. Both states. [&:]

The only days I will get out after work are tomorrow and maybe Thursday. But then starting Friday it’ll be 6 straight days in a tree, all day everyday until I get one.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I didn’t see a deer all weekend. Both states. [&:]

The only days I will get out after work are tomorrow and maybe Thursday. But then starting Friday it’ll be 6 straight days in a tree, all day everyday until I get one.
I've got confidence in ya. This is the time of year...and you like Halloween, don't you?
Old 10-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

The only day besides Sunday that I didn't crawl in a tree was Saturday evening in the rain. I worked the morning.

So I work Mon, Tue, Wed then off for 2.5 weeks. Tonight starts my final 2 weeks in PA then 1 week in IL. I'm confident.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

no fear Ryan and Rob....i got confidence in both of you!!

im heading out now with a buddy...he hunts close to campus and im probably just going to film...never done that before...beats sitting in my room....i just know its windy here...so up where i hunt, i know its blowing limbs and trees down...ive been hunting there since i was 12...i just know the wind is always closer to double what it is here...i'll head up there tomorrow...colder, lower winds, maybe a litte snow or rain....and i'll be up there thursday as well...

then home saturday....if its a nice day, i might not leave my tree saturday...small game and turkey hunters will be everywhere...buddy might hate me he wants me at the farm by 1030 to turkey and small game hunt for a couple hours....i just think between the hunters and the rut starting, my best bet is to sit tight and wait...i'll hopefully have my turkey tag filled before 1030 anyway! lol the mornings i hunted up there so far, ive had a group of 7 or 8 come through...many times in 20yds....

good luck guys!!

Quick Reply: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.