Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Elowapi Thread (15) >

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Community

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Old 08-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 15 Thread

Rob, Can't you filter out some of these transients here? Invitations for our team members to hunt are always appreciated, but the fear driven poor attempts at trash talk are just annoying[8D]

MGH, avatar looks good, I’ll swap mine over this evening. Although now I see we have an avatar contraversy.

Technically I’ll be getting a little bit of a jump on the rest of yinz guys (at least the PA ones), as I’ll have a whitetail tag in my pocket for my Idaho elk hunt. Call it being overly-optimistic, or just being prepared but who knows what I may run into out there. That hunt starts Sept 19th. Ohio’s season starts the 27th, but that is my return from out west. I plan to be sitting in an Ohio grown tree the evening of the 3rd for a one day head start to the PA season.
History shows to not expect anything other than does from me before Halloween. But from Oct 31 thru Nov 15 I will be hunting 12 of 17 days split between PA & OH, so hopefully I can find a shooter during that time frame.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

well our season starts oct 13 its a national holiday so i got no school lol but hope to just get meat in teh freezer to start then im looking for the racks

Story time .
2years ago my 2nd year archery hunting i seen a big 10point by my stad didnt get a shot didnt see him for 3 days and i decided to sit another stand well the next morning its in the papers a guy shot the big 10 point i talked to him he shot it "By" my stand the one night i didnt sit there i was kicking myself but what can ya do i wasnt happy as he walked out on the rail road bed in regular cloths with a bow and the thing walked out 30yrds from him and he got it any of you all got a story abotu "the big one'' that got away?
Old 08-25-2008, 10:20 AM
Dominant Buck

That is quite a span for error!!! Your not that good at judging antlers, aye? [8D]
PT.....don't blame me because I know what +/- 100" of antler looks like and you don't.[8D] Just remember that old Billy Preston song to help you decide what to shoot or let pass (if that "pass" word is in your vocablulary).
Old 08-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

well just hung a stand and the area is rank with buck sign so shuld be a good year even though our season dont open for over a month!
Old 08-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Season starts Sept 15th here in MO. Ill be hunting my local property the first two days and then heading north for the 1st weekend.

I spend most ofmy time hunting in northern MO (Harrison County), which is where the trailcam pics I posted are from. But this year Im going to spend quite a bit of time at my parents farm in Franklin Co. Besides being only an hour away, there is a certain buck Im am after. I have his sheds for the past two years. He's a typical 8, with LOTS OF MASS! In April of 07, I found the 1st matched set within 5' of each other while turkey hunting. Despite the find, i didnt hunt there at all that fall.

Fast forward to spring 08, this time I went shed hunting before turkey season and found the left side 30 yds from the spot he dropped them in 07. Spent two more days searching three different farms for the other side with no luck. Two days later the neighbor calls me and say his dog was chewing on a deer antler in his yard. Sure enough it was the match. Im not letting him go undisturbed another year

In 07 (fall 06 antlers) he scored roughly 66" per side, with a conservative spread of 16" he would have been around 148". Last year I scored him at roughly 68" per side, which would put him around 152" last fall (same spread added). He had 20.5" inches of mass! Not bad for an 8 pt, huh .

top set is from this spring, bottom from 07

Old 08-25-2008, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

hope you get him that will help us out alot!
Old 08-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

love the pic bluetick!!

drhntr, good luck with those guys!! looks like they aughta be gooduns!!

im somewhat bummed right now...already found out TWO weekends are gone and possibly a 3rd for my LE academy...one actually eats up a thurs-sunday oct 16th-19th...the other is nov 1-2 so theres another saturday.....just hope the 3rd falls BEFORE november!!! i'll be happy to have the LAST 2 saturdays and the first 2 saturdays and whatever days inbetween i can get out...still aughta get out a fair bit...i knew id be missing some weekends...cant complain...

likely going to head to the state game lands i hunt here at school tomorrow and do some leg work....got into a couple deer last year which is more than ive been into the past few years in that area...so now i need to fine tune things and take a hard look into the area i spotted the deer last year while hunting...it was up on an oak ridge...i gotta find the bedding area tomorrow...or atleast heavily used trails coming out of the bedding area...last year the deer i saw were way too far off because i just took stand in the middle of the oak ridge...i gotta find something to key me in...no class tomorrow so thats likely what i'll be doing
Old 08-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Rob, Can't you filter out some of these transients here? Invitations for our team members to hunt are always appreciated, but the fear driven poor attempts at trash talk are just annoying[8D]
If Rob did that, this thread would be barren of any posts by anyone including Rob! Keep him on a leash in your thread and get him to removed "polls" from other threads, and you want have people annoying your precious team.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

PT.....don't blame me because I know what +/- 100" of antler looks like and you don't.[8D] Just remember that old Billy Preston song to help you decide what to shoot or let pass (if that "pass" word is in your vocablulary).
Pass is not in my vocabulary [8D]I'm shooting a spiker and adding 10" to our team's total ..... by the way ... there is no such word as vocablulary
Old 08-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, did another avatar this evening. Let me know which one you like better (or what you think in general).

Quick Reply: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.