Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 - 2009 Firearm Deer Contest
 Official team 6 thread - LEAD HEAD'S >

Official team 6 thread - LEAD HEAD'S

Official team 6 thread - LEAD HEAD'S

Old 11-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official team 6 thread

Congrats on the doe I seen 3 thursday one behind some bushesperfect broad side shot but with a .243 I wasn't about to shoot threw all that I shoulda had my 30-06 aka "Dirty-06"and i'da blasted her. The other 2 were halling butt they came out of no where and wouldn't stop for nothing.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

Our gun season ends tomorrow and my total for the team will be only that one buck I got earlier. Unfortunately, we can't shoot does during firearms time, only in late bow season. So on Tuesday, I'll be trying to do just that.

My son was here for the weekend and here's what he got this morning. We first saw the buck about 250 yards away, tending a doe. She led him amerry chasefor 20 minutes or so until he presented a good shot opportunity.

I hope you guys keep having success; I'll be watching.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:25 PM

Heyguys got back from my opening weekend in oklahoma. Shot this seven point. He was an old deer. I haven't scored him yet but will. Heres some pics.

Here's his body.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Typical Buck

Holy smokes, Garrett, that is afine buck. And it's amazing how similar it is to the one my son got today - they're almost dead ringers for one another. Nice going!
Old 11-24-2008, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

good work gs - lets keep it up team.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the 7 point gsclift !
Old 11-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Typical Buck

Had our first significant snow here yesterday, about 5 inches. So I figured the deer might be really on the move this morning and give us some excitement. Not! Saw just one buck, a spike, and a few does at a distance. Well, maybe tomorrow.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

its been awhile - anybody hunting? I am heading back up North with my Musket and my pops. Should be cold enough and hopefully the corn is out. I would hope we would come home with at least another doe, but can't count your does before they're laying.

good luck all!
Old 12-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Typical Buck

What a sissy! When the alarm went off this morning, i figured the bed was just too warm and cozy to get out of; so I rolled over and went back to sleep. Just 6 more days left of the season here and I'll get out tomorrow, I swear.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

hey - sissy, you make it out this morning? I know it is single digits here in mn so i would imagine that it would be a tad bit colder in canada. good luck anyway.

shoot strate.

Quick Reply: Official team 6 thread - LEAD HEAD'S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.