Community
2007 HNI 5-Spot League Questions, comments, concerns, and trash-talk about the 2007 5-Spot league go here!

Not into paper but....

Old 02-23-2007, 06:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Not into paper but....

I had a great round for my first indoor 3D season. I used to shoot for the guy who kicks butt at our local shoots. I've beat him in the past occassionally but he's one heck of a shot.

Anyway, at our local Gander Mt. the paper league is over, which I'm not into and they set up a few 3D targets for another shoot. There were 5 targets, 27 yard Mule Deer, 26 yard Bear, 30 yard Gobbler, 30 yard Boar and a 25 yard Whitetail. Only the Gobbler didn't have a 12 ring. We were instructed to shoot each target 3 times for each of 2 rounds for a total of 30 targets. The total possible score with all 12's is a 348. Shooting all 10's results in a 300. I sunk 2 8's of 6 shots on the gobbler, the rest were 10's and 12's for a total of a 320 round. I was happy with that, it's tied for first with my old friend who usually wins. What helped was I 12'd the whitetail 6 of 6 shots.

Just wanted to play in the shooting thing, I'm not into paper shooting and wanted ya'll (Germ, buck, Matt, etc) to know if I make the 3D shoot out, ya'll have some comp. [8D]
Old 02-23-2007, 07:03 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Not into paper but....

Good shooting Rob! I like 3-D better than paper too.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I had a great round for my first indoor 3D season. I used to shoot for the guy who kicks butt at our local shoots. I've beat him in the past occassionally but he's one heck of a shot.

Anyway, at our local Gander Mt. the paper league is over, which I'm not into and they set up a few 3D targets for another shoot. There were 5 targets, 27 yard Mule Deer, 26 yard Bear, 30 yard Gobbler, 30 yard Boar and a 25 yard Whitetail. Only the Gobbler didn't have a 12 ring. We were instructed to shoot each target 3 times for each of 2 rounds for a total of 30 targets. The total possible score with all 12's is a 348. Shooting all 10's results in a 300. I sunk 2 8's of 6 shots on the gobbler, the rest were 10's and 12's for a total of a 320 round. I was happy with that, it's tied for first with my old friend who usually wins. What helped was I 12'd the whitetail 6 of 6 shots.

Just wanted to play in the shooting thing, I'm not into paper shooting and wanted ya'll (Germ, buck, Matt, etc) to know if I make the 3D shoot out, ya'll have some comp. [8D]
That's awesome Rob. I am not a die hard paper guy and enjoy 3D much more but paper has made me a MUCH better 3D shooter.

I wish you would have made it to the Harrisburg shoot this year, it was a ton of fun and it would have been some great friendly competition. I think Matt would have smoked all of us but it still would have been fun. If we all make it for the HNI 3D event, there are going to be a few of us really battling it out for the top 3 spots at that smackdown event. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

excellent shooting Rob, sounds like a fun day
Old 02-23-2007, 10:32 PM

Good shootin there Tex! 3D blows spots out of the water, but it's such a mental game that it can't help but do good. You shoulda shot w/ us, we're havin a good time here.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, what he said ,you should have shot with us you Pensylvanian you[8D]
ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Good shootin there Tex! 3D blows spots out of the water, but it's such a mental game that it can't help but do good. You shoulda shot w/ us, we're havin a good time here.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey thanks guys. Well I shot tonight because the wife and I have plans on Thursday night. Same target setup, I shot better in the aspect that I only had one 8 in 30 targets, that 8 being on the darn turkey again but hey, that left 5 10's on it as well. I sunk only 8 12's tho for a score of 314 this week. I was all around the 12's inside the 10's but could only sink 8 tonight....I was happy but the competition shot a 330....that's a hell of a score and surprised me.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:57 PM

Man, this summer can't come soon enough.

Just shooting 3-D rounds with all of you guys is going to be well worth the wait!!

Good shooting Rob.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Shot a second 314 last week and shot a 322 tonight, I was on the twelves...even with these scores, I'm 4 points out of first as of tonight and probably 20 points above 3rd. I've beat the first place person the last two weeks to gain back some points but the second week when I shot a 314, he shot a 330...that's a machine. That would make 15 12's of 24 targets because the turkey has no 12....damn!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:50 PM

Good shootin, Tex!!! Where you been hiding?

Quick Reply: Not into paper but....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.