HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Not into paper but....
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 07:11 AM
Rick James
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Not into paper but....

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I had a great round for my first indoor 3D season. I used to shoot for the guy who kicks butt at our local shoots. I've beat him in the past occassionally but he's one heck of a shot.

Anyway, at our local Gander Mt. the paper league is over, which I'm not into and they set up a few 3D targets for another shoot. There were 5 targets, 27 yard Mule Deer, 26 yard Bear, 30 yard Gobbler, 30 yard Boar and a 25 yard Whitetail. Only the Gobbler didn't have a 12 ring. We were instructed to shoot each target 3 times for each of 2 rounds for a total of 30 targets. The total possible score with all 12's is a 348. Shooting all 10's results in a 300. I sunk 2 8's of 6 shots on the gobbler, the rest were 10's and 12's for a total of a 320 round. I was happy with that, it's tied for first with my old friend who usually wins. What helped was I 12'd the whitetail 6 of 6 shots.

Just wanted to play in the shooting thing, I'm not into paper shooting and wanted ya'll (Germ, buck, Matt, etc) to know if I make the 3D shoot out, ya'll have some comp. [8D]
That's awesome Rob. I am not a die hard paper guy and enjoy 3D much more but paper has made me a MUCH better 3D shooter.

I wish you would have made it to the Harrisburg shoot this year, it was a ton of fun and it would have been some great friendly competition. I think Matt would have smoked all of us but it still would have been fun. If we all make it for the HNI 3D event, there are going to be a few of us really battling it out for the top 3 spots at that smackdown event. I'm looking forward to it.