Community
2007 HNI 5-Spot League Questions, comments, concerns, and trash-talk about the 2007 5-Spot league go here!

Hate the wind!!

Old 01-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Hate the wind!!

Went to shoot tonight. Warm up at 10 yards with 1 round. Shot great. Step back to start the round, in the wind a little more. Winds gusting up to about 25mph!! Sucks...first arrow, off about 7" from the x. First five I went 2 for 5. Shot another round just to see if it was a fluke and went 3 for 5 in the circle. Put the bow away cussing the weather!! Hopefully I can catch a break in the wind tomorrow!! Either that or I will have a terrible score this week!!
Old 01-27-2007, 07:34 AM

Default RE: Hate the wind!!

Oh quit yer cryin!......
Old 01-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Never!!!
Old 01-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

This might help, it did for me. I had the same thing going on with the wind, my trouble was with it moving me around and had my letting off quite a few times when it was gusting. Now i shoot from inside my pole barn to the target outside, this way the wind is not moving me around and i can hold steady. still not the best scores but im getting better. I built it 30X48 and thought it was big untill i wanted to shoot indoors, not enough yardage[]if ya got a garage or pole barn try it out.
Dan
Old 01-27-2007, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Went to shoot tonight. Warm up at 10 yards with 1 round. Shot great. Step back to start the round, in the wind a little more. Winds gusting up to about 25mph!! Sucks...first arrow, off about 7" from the x. First five I went 2 for 5. Shot another round just to see if it was a fluke and went 3 for 5 in the circle. Put the bow away cussing the weather!! Hopefully I can catch a break in the wind tomorrow!! Either that or I will have a terrible score this week!!
BOOO HOOO HOOO

I just got done throwing down a practice round a few minutes agoin my basement...... blastthat damn climate control! Had it been 70 instead of 68I might not have dropped that measley47X count [:@][8D]
Old 01-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well hopefully after tomorrow I wont have to shoot outdoors any more. My dad is going to talk to a guy he knows about shooting in the basement of a local basketball court. The basement used to be a 5 lane bowling alley, so the distance will be there, hope everything works out. If no, I'll just tough it out the hard way, o yea, wind sucks.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:09 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

BOOO HOOO HOOO

I just got done throwing down a practice round a few minutes agoin my basement...... blastthat damn climate control! Had it been 70 instead of 68I might not have dropped that measley47X count [:@][8D]
Yeah, I've heard you buckeye's can't handle the cold...[&:]
Old 01-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dang ,i hate youmust be one hell of a basement, mines only 40' not enough. but im still going to make it a practice area when i get a suitable target.
Dan

BOOO HOOO HOOO

Old 01-28-2007, 01:13 PM

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Dang ,i hate youmust be one hell of a basement, mines only 40' not enough. but im still going to make it a practice area when i get a suitable target.
Dan

BOOO HOOO HOOO

Yeah, that's the key to Buckeye's 'x' counts, his basement's only 40' too.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

[8D][8D]
Dan
ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Dan

BOOO HOOO HOOO

Yeah, that's the key to Buckeye's 'x' counts, his basement's only 40' too.