HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   Need a Team Captain Vote. Falsified Entry? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/219364-need-team-captain-vote-falsified-entry.html)

Jimimac 11-25-2007 07:09 AM

RE: Need a Team Captain Vote. Falsified Entry?

Rob...I don't have a dog in the fight, but personally I feel this entire thread shouldn't exist. This would have been better handled strictly through PM and phone calls instead of airing dirty laundry here for all to see.

jmbuckhunter 11-25-2007 07:10 AM

When I first saw that pic with the bow a week or so ago, I thought the deer might have gotten hit on the railroad tracks behind it. A lot of damage for a bow kill?????

Good call on the vote.

Rob/PA Bowyer 11-25-2007 07:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Jimimac

Rob...I don't have a dog in the fight, but personally I feel this entire thread shouldn't exist. This would have been better handled strictly through PM and phone calls instead of airing dirty laundry here for all to see.
Jim, I asked that question from some several outstanding members, this was the consensus not the decision of one man alone. Everyone cannot be pleased and there is always two stands on every issue. Thank you for your opinion tho.

Jimimac 11-25-2007 07:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Jim, I asked that question from some several outstanding members, this was the consensus not the decision of one man alone. Everyone cannot be pleased and there is always two stands on every issue. Thank you for your opinion tho.
I understand Rob. It just seems a bit tacky having it aired like this since the guys reputation isat stake for all to see.

Rob/PA Bowyer 11-25-2007 07:31 AM

I understand Rob. It just seems a bit tacky having it aired like this since the guys reputation isat stake for all to see.
I suppose you could say that he brought it on himself. FYI, we did try this via PM to the young man, and asked him to come clean and man up, you see where that got us.

Jimimac 11-25-2007 07:37 AM

I suppose you could say that he brought it on himself. FYI, we did try this via PM to the young man, and asked him to come clean and man up, you see where that got us.
Yes, it appears he did bring it on himself Rob. Sorry if I came across as calling you out man.Ijust always hate seeing stufflike this being aired and my hope was that it could be handled differently. I see now that you tried. I'll bow out and leave this to you, but will say this...

Thre is nothing to be gained from from being dishonest in whatever we do let alone this. Jeez...it's lousy buck contest for goodness sakes.

HuntingEd 11-25-2007 08:49 AM

Tough call Rob. I hate to say it, but I think the story is wrong, looks to me like a gun kill.

BUT. It just looks that way to me, I wasnt there, and it cant be proved beyond a "reasonable doubt". I'm gonna vote to let it STAY, It will be on his conscience if he truely did lie about his buck and decieved his friends.

And I'm sorry this had to happen leathalconnection, its a great deer no matter what weapon was used, and you should be very proud. (after all, I've been skunked this year:()

-Team 36 Captain

vikesfan353 11-25-2007 09:00 AM

If it was shot with a gun, it was done illegally, becausehe stated in a few posts that he had no more buck tags for a gun!
It all looks and sounds shady, but that doesn't mean it is.You can however clearly see him holding the eye in the socket, in the first 2 field pictures, and it is clearly sticking out in the 3rd one!
However, we have no concrete evidence as to how the deer was killed! If he says it was a bow, then I think we have to take his word, andallow it!!
Let the good lord judge him, if he shot it with a gun!

~Vikes
Team 25 captain

bloodcrick 11-25-2007 09:29 AM

I hate doing deeds like this but my gut tells me it is a gun kill, lord help me if im wrong and i appoligize if im wrong, but taking so many photos with the weapon that he suposably did not use and only one with the bow, just dont add up for me. It does look like a bullet wound to me. Personally i would have not taken any pics with a gun, if i got it with a bow. sorry leathel, it just dont add up for me.

PABuck_HNTR 11-25-2007 09:31 AM

I'm not a captain, but as a member who's registered in this contest. His changing stories and excuses say it all. It should not be allowed.