HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   Need a Team Captain Vote. Falsified Entry? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/219364-need-team-captain-vote-falsified-entry.html)

crazedbowhunter 11-25-2007 10:03 AM

RE: Need a Team Captain Vote. Falsified Entry?

Not a captain but i have shot deer in the head before and they ALWAYS have the bulging eyes. In my eyes, it is a gun kill and should be removed from the contest.And 2 othre things, 1. Why would there be blood right by the one eye in the pic if he shot it in the neck with the bow. And 2, why would they be taking pics in the field with his dads buck-with a RIFLE also if he shot it in a bow only zoneand he can't say they were taken at the truck because you can see a gut pile by the edge of the picture.

MOTOWNHONKEY 11-25-2007 10:08 AM

The evidence is over-whelming aganist him for sure. Not being a mind reader I have to give the hunter the benifit of the doubt. No one can be a 100% certain he is lying. I vote it stays.

Rob/PA Bowyer 11-25-2007 02:54 PM

That's 17 votes total so far guys, that means we're waiting on a majority which would be 25 either way...49 teams, 17 captain votes, waiting on 32 yet. Notify your captns.

I value all your opinions.

Kelly/KY 11-25-2007 02:57 PM

Rob,

Ask the team captain of the team the member was on to PM the member and bring him up to speed on the nature of the inquiry. If the member is up on the nature of the contest, I would suspect he would remove his entry if it was taken with a rifle. Most folks on here wouldn't post a gun kill in the contest unless he wasn't familiar enough with the rules. Let's give him an opportunity to do the right thing instead of imposing a ruling. The pics aren't very supportive of the nature of the contest and since there's really no more the bragging rights at stake, I would hope he would make the right decision. If it was taken with a rifle, everyone should understand it's not eligible.

Kelly

Oneshot7 11-25-2007 03:02 PM

I swear that it looks like the evidence is all against them, except for one thing. This is a for fun contest, no prizes, just braging rights, and from what i have seen from LC over the past years, he seems to be a straight up gu and see no reason as to why he would lie in a for fun contest, I say let it stay.

atlasman 11-25-2007 03:28 PM

This thread is vile and embarrassing on many levels. No reason to make matters like this public IMO. I don't care what it looks like..........none of us will EVER know for sure except the ones who were there. Now this poor guy is dragged through the mud in public?? VERY poor judgement and totally unprofessional. I hoped we were better then this as a group.

A public humiliation over a stupid for fun "contest"???

C'mon guys............this is bush league.

Rob/PA Bowyer 11-25-2007 03:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Kelly/KY

Rob,

Ask the team captain of the team the member was on to PM the member and bring him up to speed on the nature of the inquiry. If the member is up on the nature of the contest, I would suspect he would remove his entry if it was taken with a rifle. Most folks on here wouldn't post a gun kill in the contest unless he wasn't familiar enough with the rules. Let's give him an opportunity to do the right thing instead of imposing a ruling. The pics aren't very supportive of the nature of the contest and since there's really no more the bragging rights at stake, I would hope he would make the right decision. If it was taken with a rifle, everyone should understand it's not eligible.

Kelly
That has been done and he didn't.

GMMAT 11-25-2007 04:00 PM

Kinda works both ways, Atlas, dontcha think?

People have been known to do some really strange things in a "for fun" contest;).

Rob/PA Bowyer 11-25-2007 04:10 PM

Let's just delete the contest rules while we're at it that way people can shoot their deer with rifles from here on out, throw a bow down and win but then again, why throw the bow down, no rules remember, OR they can shoot one, then hold it until they fill their other tag and then enter their larger deer. Yeah, what the hell we don't need any rules, it's just for fun. Forget proper and ethical behavior too, let's just ignore illegal activity too. Yeah, it's just for fun, who cares how and when someone shoots a deer and enters it as a bowkill, who cares, seriously?

atlasman 11-25-2007 04:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Let's just delete the contest rules while we're at it
If you are going to publically humiliate fellow hunters for something you THINK happened then maybe you should delete the contest all together. It's an embarrassing action that reflects poorly on HNI and the hunting community in general.

The contest is supposed to be for FUN............yet it appears some are taking it WAY too seriously.

OR they can shoot one, then hold it until they fill their other tag and then enter their larger deer. Yeah, what the hell we don't need any rules,
Rob,

You are embarrassing yourself............Obviously this comment is about my deer, which was entered 100% legally and by the rules..........I guess that's not good enough for you either