Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 49-Official Team Head Hunters  Thread. >

49-Official Team Head Hunters Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

49-Official Team Head Hunters Thread.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 49-Official Team Head Hunters Thread.

Good luck Dale & congrats on the doe. I've let a few doe walk, and may wait until later to start filling those tags. I've got a few good bucks I'm going to be hunting, but it has been really hot here. I think I'm going to wait one more week to start going into my best spots.
Good luck all!
KP
Old 10-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

sorry so long with no update, nothing new with me. Been hunting hard with no results, sat in the double bull for 12 hours today and did not see a deer[:@]

well I did see a 2.5 year old buck on Thursday, but still holding out. My Turkey season starts tomorrow so maybe I can get out of this rut.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:30 AM

I am going after a turkey with the bow tonight and scount a neighbors property that we just got permission to hunt. I will be in Vegas for the next four days so hopefully someone on our team will bag one.
It is definately a lot of pressure off getting my doe as we are in an earn a buck zone this year.
Good luck everyone.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

well no turkey but I layed down another doe. Now I am out of the rut going after turkey tomorrow.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:17 PM

had a shot on a huge 8 pointer and my bow exploded on me
Old 10-22-2007, 07:32 AM

What kind of bow were you shooting? Did you get hurt as that is very dangerous. I hope you didn't.
Do you have a backup bow or do you have to get a new one? That really stinks.
Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:03 AM

Anyone been out. I haven't seen crap.
My brother in law went ot western WI last night and shot a 14 pointer this morning. I haven't seen it yet but am excited for him as he has never shot a buck with his bow and got his first doe with a bow last year.
I will be hitting it this weekend and then leaving for Ohio on Halloween.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:54 AM

ive seen plenty, im hunting from the ground in very congested areas b/c thats all there is and there are NO trees to use my climber on, and when i do see them they are 20-30 yds from me and i havent been able to draw on any of them, b/c the come into the area looking around. maybe they wont see me if i do draw,i dont know my 1st year ever bow hunting. im used to the .308 at 200-300 yds out or the shotgun at 100, they dont even see it coming.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:01 AM

Have you tried a ground blind or a tripod stand. It may be an option for you. Good luck. I am leaving Wednesday for Ohio so I am pretty pumped up. My brother in law shot his first buck bowhunting friday and it was a nice 14 pointer that will gross in the 150 range. It took him over 20 years of bowhunting to bag his first buck with a bow.
I will try to post a picture of it tomorrow.
I did shoot a coyote with my bow saturday but that was all I saw this weekend. I did see two nice bucks on the way to work today and I wanted to turn around and get out hunting but have to work this week.
Good luck team!
Old 10-30-2007, 01:01 AM

Sorry for not posting in so long guys, between work and hunting I havent had much time to get on. I have shot 2 does so far and seen some nice bucks, just not in range. Got some good pics I will have to share when I get some time to upload. Got 2 more nights to work and I get 5 days to hunt hard.

Quick Reply: 49-Official Team Head Hunters Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.