Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 49-Official Team Head Hunters  Thread. >

49-Official Team Head Hunters Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

49-Official Team Head Hunters Thread.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:22 AM

Default RE: 49-Official Team Head Hunters Thread.

Congrats on shooting one with the muzzleloader. I am up for seeing pics of it. You should be proud of it. Any harvested animal is an accomplishment and pride should always be taken with them.
Congrats.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:53 PM

Still only does for me. 4 total so far. I have been seening some great deer just nothing to get a good clean shot at. My boy missed a 4 point on Saturday. Gun season starts today in Illinois so the weekend off for me and the bow. Guess I will try and fill my gun tags in the afternoon hunts. Midnights SUCK!!! At work now. So keep us running guys. Great deer and get that score on the board for us.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

nothing new from me starting to get trigger happy but going after hogs soon..... cant wait.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:52 PM

Err you need to get your buck up on the score sheet so we can get the skunk off our sheet. The rest of us slackers need to get after it. unfortunately it is gun season here right now so i will be hitting it late season.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

I have to get to the taxidermist.I didnt know that i was supposed to score myself.My taxidermist usually has a pope young scorer come in every year to score for anyone who wants it, ,but the scorer has just cancelled due to illness.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:13 AM

You can score it yourself or wait for the scorer. I am just glad our team has a buck. I am hoping to get out for our late season here and bag one but it gets alot tougher after gun season which is on right now.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:26 AM

ok i need some help, something ive never come across....there is this trail i walk down to get to my spot and 4 places on that trail you can smell the estrous strongly, about 50 yds apart. how do you hunt that??? and dont say carefully or w/ a bow
Old 12-03-2007, 08:28 AM

Is ther any trees you can put a stand in along the trail? If possible sit off the trail 10-15 yards with good backcover. If a hot doe frequents the area a buck will not be far behind. Also go into the woods about 50 yards or so and see if there is another trail that he bucks will use to scent check the spots out on the trail. It is a great setup as long as you play the wind right and have good cover without disturbing it too much. They may also be going through at night or mid day so try to sit all day. Many bucks that aren't with hot does will move between 10-2.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Give it up ihelgeyou know you aren't going to shoot anything this year.
We just had a couple new bucks show up last week they know gun season is over.

Team 13 is 1 deer off the lead so good luck catching up.[:@]
Old 12-03-2007, 09:36 AM

well i went and bought some code blue, the expensive sh..tuff....and i gave me luck w/ does but no bucks, i found a fresh rub that was still wet and im gonna hunt that till he comes back....there are really no trees to hunt from where im at its all brush and mesquite trees, i hate north texas hunting, no pines no hardwoods no nothing. its almost as if im dove hunting and the grassy area im in. its full of hogs there also, so maybe one will wonder up and ill stick em. truthfully i just want to kill something

Quick Reply: 49-Official Team Head Hunters Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.