HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/204948-48-official-team-whackem-trackem-thread.html)

NCRemington700 10-11-2007 07:11 AM

RE: 48-Official Team 48 Thread

Finally some cooler weather!!!:D Whoo Hooooo. I can hunt this afternoon and then I leave town on Friday. I'll be back at it on Monday...the warmest of the days OF COURSE!! This is MUCH better than the 90's!

[align=center][/align]

gplant 10-11-2007 01:54 PM

Im going HUNTING!!!!! We got a little rain going on and its nice and cool. PERFECT!!!!!!! Have a good night guys, Talk to ya in the morning. Greg

NCRemington700 10-11-2007 02:00 PM

Yep I'm not far behind you!! Stick em!!

8pt~Bowhunter 10-12-2007 06:10 AM

So, how was your hunt's? Did you see any deer? I'll be able to head out to the woods this Sunday.:DHopefully I'll see some BIG deer.

Mike

NCRemington700 10-12-2007 06:46 AM

Guys I've got some bad news. I was in the stand yesterday after work. I did 3 sequences of grunts starting at about 6 pm. Around 6:30 a deer was coming to me. At first I thought it was the same small 6 pt that I've seen on several occasions. It turned out to be a BEAUTIFUL 8 pointer. By far the largest buck I've seen while hunting around here. He came in slow, obviously looking for the deer that was grunting. When he stepped behind a tree I raised my .45 cal muzzleloader and got ready(remember my bow is in the shop till Sunday). When he stepped from behind the tree, I shot. I could see him kick through the smoke and he ran down the hill with his right front leg not working. He stopped for about 5 seconds at the bottom of the hill and I was praying that he was going down...he didn't. He trotted off and I lost sight of him and I never heard him crash. I went back to my truck to gather my emotions and started my search. There was no blood or hair anywhere. I went down to where he stood at the bottom of the hill and found a little bit of blood. I tracked for a about 20 yards with VERY spotty blood. I decided to go to the house and get 2 more very bright flashlights. When I got back to the spot I found a few drops of blood. The blood was NOT dark red and bubbly. It was bright red and thick. Isn't this usually meat blood and not lung/heart? I found a spot where it looked like he had stood for a minute because there was a lot more blood than any other spot. The blood was definately dripping and not pouring out. About 10 yards past that is when the blood just stopped. I looked until past 10 pm last night and then again at daylight this morning. I'm crushed. I hope he makes hit because I hate the thought of an injured buck walking around. Due to the nature of the color/consistancy of the blood do ya'll think he'll make it? Unfortunatly I'm going out of town this afternoon and can't hunt again until Monday. I really hope he comes back so I can finish the job...assuming he's alive. One of my buddies thinks that even though the buck kicked and his leg was broken that he thinks it is a brisket hit. Help me out guys I fell like total sh*t.

8pt~Bowhunter 10-12-2007 08:00 AM

[>:]I'm sorry to hear that Dave. It sound like he'll be fine though. If you did shoot him in the leg, there should have been more blood. IMO.Hopefully you'llsee him again and be able to finish the job.

Mike

NCRemington700 10-12-2007 08:07 AM

Man I hope I see him again. I didn't sleep well at all last night. I was replaying the shot over and over in my head.:( I know he's hurt I just hope he makes it a while longer and shows up so I can end any suffering.

8pt~Bowhunter 10-12-2007 08:22 AM

Deer are very tough animals! Look at this picture of a deer shot in the lung with an arrow. I'm sure your deer will be fine.

Mike

NCRemington700 10-12-2007 08:49 AM

Yeah I saw that picture but it looks kinda fake to me. Damn I hope that deer comes back...this sucks!!

krazyvan 10-12-2007 06:01 PM

Dave, grab a few friends and grid search the area as far as 1/4 mile away. I have shot many deer using a shotgun that bled very little externally and left almost no blood trail. They were all found with very hard work from very good friends. If I was closer I'd be there in a heartbeat...don't give up just yet!!!!

NCRemington700 10-15-2007 06:18 AM

Anybody see anything good this weekend? I didn't, since Jeff Gordon won the race!! [:@]

gplant 10-15-2007 07:24 AM

Two small bucks 4pt-6ptand a bunch of does and a yote. Could of shot the bucks but to far for the yote.Any luck with that deer. I had to track one yesterday for a friend. Took most of the day but we found it. 8pt. Nothing big.

NCRemington700 10-15-2007 07:29 AM

No I was unable to find him. I'm still not sure if it was a lethal hit. I can't seem to get him out of my head though. He was a beautiful buck. I wish I had my bow with me instead since he was so close. I pray he comes back, if he made it that is. I haven't hunted since then b/c I was out of town. I'll get back out there either this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon. He either made it or I'llbe looking for buzzards.

On a different/better note. I got my bow back from the shop yesterday and sighted it back in. She's driving tacks again! I'm ready to get back out there with my bow, eventhough gun season opened this past weekend.

Brknarrow1970 10-15-2007 07:31 AM

I made it out Sat afternoon, two large does was the only thing I seen, couldn't get a shot on either but was good to be in the woods -

krazyvan 10-15-2007 08:29 AM

Watched a monster 10pt freshen a scrape across the field from my stand about 300yds out on Thurs. night. Hunted near the scrape on Sat. evening on the trail leading to the scrape. Watched 4 does, one visited the scrape. None gave any shots though. Shortly after they left a small spike came in and was very cautious...probably thought the big guy was around. I watched the spike for about 10 mins and then he moved on. Working second shift until Weds....so you know where I'll be Thurs. eve!!!

NCRemington700 10-15-2007 09:38 AM

ORIGINAL: Brknarrow1970

I made it out Sat afternoon, two large does was the only thing I seen, couldn't get a shot on either but was good to be in the woods -
How's your pops doing Frank?

gplant 10-15-2007 10:12 AM

Man did you guys see the new entry in the contest,WOW what a hog. I wish we had bucks like that!!!!!!!!!!!

Brknarrow1970 10-15-2007 11:11 AM

Hadn't heard the results of the Ct scan on pops yet, my brother said he is getting violent tendencies though and not sure what is causing it, also having a lot of flashbacks to the past, I was trying to talk to him on the phone last nite and he started cussing and carrying on. Just have to see what happens, sucks to be almost 800 miles away though

8pt~Bowhunter 10-15-2007 12:37 PM

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

Anybody see anything good this weekend? I didn't, since Jeff Gordon won the race!! [:@]
No, I've only seen five squirrels this past week...[:@]

NCRemington700 10-15-2007 01:08 PM

Hadn't heard the results of the Ct scan on pops yet, my brother said he is getting violent tendencies though and not sure what is causing it, also having a lot of flashbacks to the past, I was trying to talk to him on the phone last nite and he started cussing and carrying on. Just have to see what happens, sucks to be almost 800 miles away though
Where does he live?

gplant 10-16-2007 06:03 AM

Two small bucks shot last night on the east side of the 80. These guys hunt right on the edge of my place and shot deer on my side all the time. They told me a couple weeks ago they are only shooting 8pts or better 1 was a six the other a spike.To make it worse Im not sure they got them and Im sure they will be all over my place to find them.Not that I would mind but they dont even ask.They called a friend of mine and told him and he said call Greg so the dude says I didnt want to bother him but he can bother my friend.That makes sence.Sorry had to vent[:@]Any good news???

NCRemington700 10-16-2007 06:10 AM

That is kinda strange Greg. They must be scared of you. I didn't get in the woods yesterday evening but I'll be there this afternoon for sure. I'm glad I got my bow back. It almost felt like a part of me was missing without it ya know? Maybe I'm just weird!! Haa

NCRemington700 10-17-2007 06:16 AM

Well I had a nice 8 pt come in to me last night. He came it just before dark and it was hard to identify exactly how many points he had. He was about as wide as his ears so I think he was a pretty good buck. I wanted to make sure before I shot but when he started to walk off, he didn't pay my grunt call any attention at all. I got down about 5-10 minutes later and left without him knowing I was there. Hopefully he'll be back tonight...maybe about 5 minutes earlier!!

gplant 10-17-2007 06:18 AM

Both deer found. They gutted one of them 10 yards from one of my best stands.I took him out there and told him to clean it up and get the stuff out of my area and they did.While he was doing it he puked so I told him not to forget that too.I laughed so hard I had tears running down my face.:DWill I dont think I have to worry about gut piles from them anymore.I told them to call me next time I'll get the atv and take it to them.They said they where sorry and we shook hands and all is good.

NCRemington700 10-17-2007 06:34 AM

ORIGINAL: gplant

Both deer found. They gutted one of them 10 yards from one of my best stands.I took him out there and told him to clean it up and get the stuff out of my area and they did.While he was doing it he puked so I told him not to forget that too.I laughed so hard I had tears running down my face.:DWill I dont think I have to worry about gut piles from them anymore.I told them to call me next time I'll get the atv and take it to them.They said they where sorry and we shook hands and all is good.
He puked?!! Now that's funny! I'm glad you got them straightened out.

NCRemington700 10-17-2007 06:17 PM

Just 2 does tonight in the tree. One was young, the other would have been just the right size but I didn't shoot since I say a nice 8 last night. I was hoping he would come back. It should cool off some tomorrow so hopefully that will help.

Where the hell is everyone??? :eek:

8pt~Bowhunter 10-18-2007 07:25 AM

I'll be heading out to the woods this Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday. Hopefully I'll bag Mr. Antlers.:)

Brknarrow1970 10-18-2007 10:00 AM

We have been lit up at work - balls out non-stop , but with all that being said - I worked 19hrs on Tues, a perfect day to be in the woods so i was going insane, yesterday came - I left work about 2pm lot warmer, decided what the heck go hunting - seen a huge gobbler and managed to take about a 70 lb doe - haven't seen a buck in forever but the doe will eat good and I told one of my sups at work he could have it - I am off saturday - trying to decide stokes county or anson county land and then may take mon and tues off from work

Brknarrow1970 10-18-2007 10:01 AM

glad to see you guys those guys straightened out G

Brknarrow1970 10-18-2007 10:02 AM

and oh yeah I just wanna see a decent buck --- nothing all year does and does and does -

NCRemington700 10-18-2007 10:08 AM

and oh yeah I just wanna see a decent buck --- nothing all year does and does and does -
Does bring in the bros soon!!

Brknarrow1970 10-18-2007 10:11 AM

Thats what i keep telling myself - I am starting wonder if there are too many does on the lease in Anson-

gplant 10-18-2007 10:42 AM

2 more weeks and all hell will brake loose in Mich. Thats what Im waiting on.Checked out the rut spot lastnight and did some glassing. Oh boy I think its going to be real good this year. I am not at my desk much and wont be for about a month.We are moving our plant to a bigger location.So if you guys got any news send me a e-mail and let me know whatsup. [email protected] GOOD LUCK and WHACK'EM!!!!!!!!!!!!

NCRemington700 10-18-2007 02:43 PM

Ok guys I'm fixin to head out. Hopefully that good buck from Tuesday night will come back. I'll let you know!!

NCRemington700 10-18-2007 02:43 PM

Thats what i keep telling myself - I am starting wonder if there are too many does on the lease in Anson-
I guess you don't know what you're buck:doe ratio is since this is your first year hunting there huh?

8pt~Bowhunter 10-18-2007 03:24 PM

Ok guys I'm fixin to head out. Hopefully that good buck from Tuesday night will come back. I'll let you know!!
Good luck with your hunt.

NCRemington700 10-19-2007 06:06 AM

Just a couple of does yesterday. They were actually already in my corn pile when I walked up to my stand. They let me get to within about 10 yards before they hopped off. It was kinda neat getting that close to them. They're calling for rain and storms today in advance of a cold front. If I can't hunt this afternoon, the morning should be pretty good! We'll see.

8pt~Bowhunter 10-19-2007 06:52 AM

Well, at least your seeing deer.:D

NCRemington700 10-19-2007 02:08 PM

I've come to the conclusion that my entire team has fallen off the face of the earth.

krazyvan 10-19-2007 03:49 PM

I've come to the conclusion that my entire team has fallen off the face of the earth.
Wow Dave..don't post for a few days and all of the sudden I'm MIA??
Work has been insane....but I PROMISE..I will be out tomorrow. Hoping for another fat doe in the morning, then off to the hot spot to go after that big 10in the evening.