Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em  Thread >

48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 48-Official Team 48 Thread

ORIGINAL: gplant

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How is everyone doing?
I'm doing good. Deer season ended this Jan 6, but a special youth huntopens Jan. 12-13. It's a rifle only hunt. I can shoot 2 does and 1 buck. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck Mike! Season is over hereGot out icefishing and got a couple Steelhead and a Brown but now the ice is gone[:@]No snow - so much for rabbits.Im shooting my rear off getting ready for a league shoot. Got a Wammy rest for the X- Force and I love it!! Dialed everything in and at 60lbs 29in draw 315gr arrow its running 331fps. Got 2 pins to 45 yrds Gotta love that!!!Going this weekend to get the wife a new bow.Shes going to shot local 3D shoots this year with me and my son.Shes been out of it for awhile but Im here to tell ya that girl can shoot!!!! When we get some snow back I'll be after the yotes as well.Damn things are all over the place.So what do you guys do during the off season?
Old 01-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well 2008 really sucks for me so far. I was going to change the transmission fluid in my truck last weekend but we couldn't get the drain plug off of the fluid pan under the truck. We messed with it for over an hour and could not get it off!![:@] While we under my truck we notice that the seal on the front axel on the passenger side was leaking and needed to be replaced![:@][:@] I try to do most stuff on my truck that I can, it's so much cheaper than taking it to the shop. But I don't have the time, tools, or experience to take apart the front axle to fix that problem. So I set up an appointment at the shop to take it in yesterday. Well Tuesday morning myself and 15 other people got layed off at work!!!![:@][:@][:@] I work for a national home builder and given the way the market is right now it's not suprising. I've talked with a lot of my vendors since it happened and they all can't believe they let me go. Everyone, including myself, are in shock! Bottom line is my company screwed up! Too late now. I already have a couple of vendors that want to talk to me about positions they have available. Hopefully I can get right back to work and not miss a beat. I'll keep ya'll updated. Take care fellas.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow! I'm sorry to hear that Dave. Why would they fire you? [:'(][:@]Hopefully you'll be working in no time. Keep us posted.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

GOOD LUCK DAVE!!!!!!!!!! Mine started out bad to.I hit a deer with my NEW car. Man I hope this isnt a sign of a bad year to come[&:]
Old 01-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

Wow! I'm sorry to hear that Dave. Why would they fire you? [:'(][:@]Hopefully you'll be working in no time. Keep us posted.
Mike...I worked in the housing industry. Obviously the housing market sucks big time right now. We've had several lay offs in the last year since sales of homes are so down right now. Nobody, including myself, thought that I would be one of the unlucky ones to get let go. I've got a couple of prospects so I know things will work out for the better. I'll keep ya'll posted!
Old 01-14-2008, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

My season is officially over.[:-]

I didn't see ANYTHING on the youth hunt.[:'(]

Old 01-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out these trail cam pictures. http://www.hunting.net/forum/tm.aspx?m=2571286
Old 01-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike, COOL PICS!!!!!
Dave,Hows things going? Any Luck?
Old 01-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gplant

Mike, COOL PICS!!!!!
Dave,Hows things going? Any Luck?
Well I sent my resume package out to a potential job yesterday. It's kinda tought b/c I'm going to be moving to South Carolina. I'm looking for something down there but it's kinda tough to find anything from here. Thank goodness for the internet!!

I got in a tree yesterday evening and had 5 does within 10 yards of me for about 45 minutes. I couldn't get a shot at any of them!! It's hard to draw my bow with 5 sets of eyes looking in your direction!! Oh well. We went back this evening and the same 5 showed back up. The went towards my buddy this time. He got a shot and hit dead center.......of a tree!! It was pretty funny! No fresh venison for either of us today. We'll try again in tomorrow! Take care fellas!

Quick Reply: 48-Official Team Whack'Em and TRACK'Em Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.